Can't decide on carat size!!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
Member
4543 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

2

Post # 4
Member
107 posts
Blushing bee

When in doubt go bigger lol

Post # 5
Member
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Go big or go home! hahah

Post # 6
Member
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@ethanashley:  Have you tried on a 1.75? I have a 1.51 carat round diamond and I adore it but I wouldn’t have said no to a 2 carat either ;). If you plan on adding a diamond later you may want to consider the cost of the additional half carat as the diamond price will go up significantly.

Good luck with the decision and the little one 😉 

Post # 7
Member
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

I think I would go 1.5 just because if you upgrade later to a real diamond (as you say)  I wouldn’t want you to be disappointed if it didn’t have the same finger coverage as the one you are getting now.  Plus, you might want to save a little now and splurge a little later on something for that new baby!  It isn’t very glamorous but I am the more conservative one, financially, in my family. 🙂

Post # 8
Member
1959 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ethanashley:  I normally would say ‘bigger is better’ but in this case I have to agree with bnamrs4evr.  I wouldn’t like my finger coverage to go down, even if it was to get a real diamond.   

Post # 9
Member
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

2

Post # 10
Member
11001 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Like prior posters, I would recommend that you choose a carat size now that you believe you would be able to afford and willing to purchase if and when you opt to replace the replica stone.

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors