Car Damage from Apartment Garage Door

posted 4 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@Ms_Purple:  Write a letter with the estimate enclosed to your property manager and let them know you would also need them to cover the cost of a rental car (if that isn’t included on your estimate) and wait for their response.  They are definetly responsible for the damage and you should proceed with EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Post # 4
13168 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’d contact your own insurance company to and keep them in the loop with what is up.  And make sure you get things from the property management company in writing.

Post # 6
3089 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Yep, just get the quote and take it to your apartment management company.  If they go through their insurance they may have someone come out just to confirm the quote is correct, and you will receive a check.  Usually on the quote they give you it will state how many days they will need the car so you can show you will need a loaner.

Post # 7
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would just give your apartment management a copy of the quote and give them a day to decide how they want to pay for it. If the auto shop offers a loaner car you shouldn’t need a rental, but you can try asking for it. I’m not sure if legally they are required to or not.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors