Half carat 0.51 (1/2) : (8 votes)
    18 %
    0.71 (3/4) : (37 votes)
    82 %
  • Post # 3
    750 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

Can you view the GIA reports on each diamond? They will list the dimensions of each stone…you can measure them out with little pieces of paper and see for yourself which looks better on your hand! 

Post # 4
    2254 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@roxxx_m: Hmmm I’m not sure since my ring isn’t in this size range. However, my suggestion would be to go to a local jewelers and see these sizes in person? Some cuts of stones face up higher than others and may have a visual difference.

Post # 5
    2553 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I’m going to say the .71. I have a .5 on my 7.5 finger and its pretty small to me. I know my finger is much better than yours, but they do start to shrink sometimes… booo.

Post # 6
    4662 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

if you can afford it, go bigger. you won’t regret it.

Post # 7
    4036 posts
    Honey bee

@roxxx_m:  What about a .6 or .65 ct? It’s right in the middle and it won’t be significantly noticeable that it’s not a .7 ct. You can save some money, but it is a good size still.

Post # 8
    276 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

when I was trying on rings I could totally tell the difference from .5 to .70.  We ended up going with the .70 carat, and I’m so happy we did! My ring is size at 4.5 but it’s a little big on me.  I have to say that my center stone looks HUGE on me it really does look like a full carat and I love it.  But the .5 looked great also. 

Post # 9
    2903 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I say go 3/4ct!! I can see a difference!

Post # 10
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I had a similar problem, so I went with a .60

I have a 3.5 ring size and this is how it looks on me, hope it helps.

Post # 11
    270 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I have size 4 finger. I got a 1 carat (it’s princess cut so I think it actually looks bigger than 1 carat).

Does the ring you’re interested in have side stones or stones around the center (like a halo setting). That can always make a smaller stone look bigger. But I agree with Olive12 and go to a local jewelry store and try on the sizes.

Post # 12
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I would say there is a noticeable difference, if you can stretch to the 0.71 I’d go for that. Just bear in mind the colour and cut of the diamonds too, the colour can make such a huge difference with the sparkle 

Post # 13
    16 posts
    Newbee

Post # 14
    690 posts
    Busy bee

I have a ring size of 4.5 and a 2.1 carat legacy .

But I got engaged before with a 0.40 carat and I really liked it. 

I’m trying to find a picture for you

Post # 15
    16 posts
    Newbee

Sorry my pic came out twice! Anyway my ring size is 4.25, ring specs are GIA .75 F, triple ex I. Yellow gold.  I tried on 1 carat and thought it was just a bit to too big and I am happy as this feels really comfortable for everyday wear.

The topic ‘Carat size difference? For size 4.25-4.50 fingers preferrably’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors