Post # 1
Some people think New Years resolutions are stupid. Normally, I don’t make any, but I have some silly ones this year, along with some serious ones-
- Get enough of my reccomended daily calcium 😉
- Put at least $300 into my savings account each month
- Pay off most of my credit card debt
- Work out 3 times a week
- Read at least 2 books a month
- Volunteer more in my community
- Take a vacation with my SO
- Get a promotion at work
Anyone have resolutions they want to share?!
Post # 3
I didn’t make a new years resolution, since I never do, but I suppose I want to do better with school and get a job, and try to exercise and eat healthy. Does that count? I say that to myself every semester but it never really gets done. 🙁
Post # 4
@Orion: you can do it! making goals and taking baby steps always helps you to achieve goals.
Post # 5
I want to be the best mom I can be. Its not unachievable and it’s something I can remind myself throughout the year. I have a two year old so we definitely have days where we butt heads, but I want to remind myself how much I hated being little, so I’m working on just making sure she’s treated like a person with feelings at all times!
Post # 6
@MammaPants: thats a really great goal! i don’t have children, but i know how important parenting is and how much it shapes the child into the adult they will eventually be.
Post # 7
1. No more Flamin Hot Cheetos.
2. Read 40 books this year (almost finished with 3).
3. No MSG for January (veryyyy challenging).
4. Put $20 in a piggy bank every Friday. I did this last year and saved so much money that I was able to get a new (used) car. Best of all, it was $20 I would have otherwise spent!
Post # 8
This may be the hardest resolution ever! haha!
Post # 9
1. Loose the 10 lbs I gained since I got married. Damn wedding ring is so heavy!!
2. Have more sex with DH
3. Be naked more often. Especially around DH. LOL.
4. Stop paying for other people’s meals/drinks/nights out with me or DH. Its a bad habit and I need to stop being so stupidly overly generous.
5. Drink less BEER.
Post # 10
@highschoolhoneys: Kudos on #3 and #5!
I have the following “goals” (hate saying resolutions):
1) Be CC debt free by April aka my 31st birthday.
2) Get a new job opportunity/move for said opportunity
3) Focus on my health more
4) Reduce drinking booze – trying to get to drinking only on weekends and then only on special occasions
5) Work out consistently
6) STOP shopping for crap I don’t need! I am on day #5 of not shopping – yay! It’s a start.
Post # 11
@Meglin: “Put $20 in a piggy bank every Friday.”
THIS is a really cool idea!! I have to try this, maybe I can save enough for a great vacay or something with DH!
…adding to list. 🙂
Post # 12
– Buy a car
– Get a better job (AKA one I enjoy)
– Lose 30 pounds
– Get pregnant
Post # 13
I totally need to get more calcium as well 😀
Actually one of my goals is to spend less time on here and Facebook lol… we’ll see how successful I am!!
I try to set goals throghout the year… not just at the beginning.
Post # 14
@Meglin: hah at the cheetos!!
@PeachSnapple: i love how honest your goals are. most of those should be pretty easy to obtain. i should add the “more sex” to my list lol.
@MrsNewDay: i love the idea of not shopping. i need to work on that as well.
Post # 15
My resolution is just to not kill anyone during the wedding planning. I think that will make 2014 a success.
Post # 16
– Take more pictures
– Make photo books out of said photos (at least yearly books)
– Decide on a new place to move to a settle for at least a few years, hopefully as far east as I can get in Canada!