(Closed) Casablanca 1914

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@tobemrstaddesse:  Beautiful I love Casablanca dresses I had Casablanca at 1827 for myself πŸ™‚

Post # 5
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have ordered the 1914 and plan to make that same alteration.  Sadly, I have combed the boards and net and haven’t found anyone who has done the same.  There is one girl on here who had hers custom made in the style of a 1995 but it really doesn’t look anything like what I envision my alterations will.  My dress is due to come in sometime in June and my wedding is September 14th, if I go thru with what I am planning, I will post the alterations for you to see as they come along.  The only thing that may be different from yours right off the bat is that I ordered mine with a corset back.  I am also tossing back and forth the idea of adding lace straps that can be removed after the ceremony.  I really wanted a dress with straps but fell in love with the 1914 when I tried it on.  It was the only thing that satisified every other item that I wanted besides the straps.

Good luck to you!

Post # 8
882 posts
Busy bee

@tobemrstaddesse:  It is hard to find a 1914 dress twin since it is an older dress, but I kind of like that.  I like the fact that nobody at my wedding has probably ever seen nor will ever again see my gown.  For what it’s worth, I am also planning on going with a bandeau birdcage veil.  I have shorter hair and the dress is so detailed already, I don’t want to overwhelm my look with a giant veil.  

Post # 10
882 posts
Busy bee
Post # 11
882 posts
Busy bee

@tobemrstaddesse:  Thanks!  I think we will both look smashing!  I am hoping the fact that I am adding the corset back will help with the fit alot so that my alterations won’t be so dramatic (read: pricey).  The sample I tried on was 2 sizes to big so that didn’t help either.  Here is a pic of me when I tried it on.  The consultant was holding it how I want it altered, although it will probably be fitted a little further down.  She only had so many hands, but maybe this will give you an idea.  Or it may be clipped.  I can’t remember.  They didn’t have many clips either. 

I would have posted last night but I was on our shared home computer and I am super paranoid that he will find something he shouldn’t so I had to wait to get to work today.

Post # 13
882 posts
Busy bee

@tobemrstaddesse:  The standard 1914 comes with a zipper.  I ordered the corset so that I can adjust it throughout the night if neccessary.  And, my ultimate fear was that I would be pulling my dress up all night.  This way, I can pull the corsette super tight for the ceremony amd then loosen it a tad for the reception.  The dress I tried on was with a zipper so we used a bit of imagination.  Even with the corset, it will still need alot of alterations to get it to fit the way I want.

My dress is ivory and our colors are blush, gray, ivory, cream beige and a little bit of black.

I think you would look awesome with it a tad more fitted through the body, for sure.  You are so petite, you don’t want to overwhelm your body with tons of fabric.   We didn’t get any pics of the back but I will have it altered to fit my butt like a mermaid style would.  Gotta show it off!

Post # 15
882 posts
Busy bee

@tobemrstaddesse:  The colors sound fabulous!  As for the butt, I work VERY hard to even have one (I was born with a pancake butt) so I am definitley going to show it off as I walk down the aisle!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1914’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors