Casablanca 1975

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I don’t have any pics (though I am a Casablanca bride too!)  Once I decded on my dress, my bridal shop had me try on other Casablanca dresses in the two colors I was choosing between.  Can you ask if this is an option?

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I got it in Ivory didn’t see the champagne one.  I love the straps they are one of the best features of the dress LOVE IT!

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Oh my goodness!!!! I got this dress on order…. I’m hoping I love it just as much as I remember.  I tried on both the ivory and the white.  I ordered the ivory!!  I thought that you couldn’t do the dress strapless!  I love the straps but can’t decide which I like better!!!  What did you do about the shoes, b/c I can’t think of shoes that would go great with this color.  The ivory is a little deeper than the usual ivory?!?! 

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My daughter tried this dress on in ivory, gorgeous, she is going to order it strapless, I also was trying to find a pic in the champagne.  One thing that is nice about casablanca is they will shorten it at no cost and what ever style you pick they will always have it, they never retire any styles, that is why they go by the number instead of a dress name.

Post # 11
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I tried on Casablanca 1975 in Champange.  It is one of my top choices but I havent bought my gown yet.  I added a little broach/sash in this pic bc I think the dress needs to be broken up a bit. I also have a little pedicoat under.   I would love to see more pictures also!

[attachment=1137803,143520]

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I love the Casablanca 1975 dress. I fell in love with it when I tried it on. I also liked it without straps. The dress was about 8 sizes too big for me so it was hard to tell what the straps would look like. The dress I tried on was Ivory. The Ivory seems to be a perfect fit with the lace. The other colors I saw in pictures are beautiful too. I can’t tell a big difference in the pictures though. I’m sure the colors are more apparent in person. I might be ordering this dress soon! Did you say you ordered it without straps or will you have it altered to remove the straps? πŸ™‚

Post # 16
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I had my seamstress transform this dress into a strapless, but keeping the scalloping in the front (she used clear boning to stand it up straight) she also took it in about 6 inches to make it more mermaid like, it turned out to unique and beautiful, can’t wait to wear it to my wedding in 2 weeks! i have a pic of myself in it

[attachment=1194974,151756]

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors