(Closed) Casablanca 1985

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I bought Casablanca 1985 for my wedding in December, and I’m really happy with it!  It actually just came in last week.  I did have Casablanca alter the neckline to be sweetheart shaped and I’m really happy with the way that turned out.  I’m having a December wedding in the city so I think it will fit that theme very well.

Did you buy it too? Has it come in yet?

Post # 4
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I saw this dress this weekend but didn’t want to commit just yey. I think it’s gorgeous in real life then online. If you want to change the dress around ( sweetheart/corset) is there an additional amount?

Post # 6
128 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, a stunning dress

Post # 7
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

That is a beautiful dress!

Post # 8
61 posts
Worker bee

thanks!  @Jenny8283- yes I did have to pay an extra charge to order the dress with sweetheart neckline.  I think it was something like $75-$100, I dont remember exactly.  The girl at the store had us find another casablanca dress that we liked the shape of the sweetheart neckline and referenced that style # in the order so they knew how to shape it.

Here is me in the dress (sorry for the bad job cropping my face, I dont want anyone to know its me until after the wedding!), it fits pretty well except a little bit in the hips needs to be smoothed out where it is pulling a little bit.  i’m confident that the tailor will be able to address that easily though.  I do honestly think it is soooo much more beautiful in person than in the pictures.  @futuremrswood – i think you’ll be really happy once it comes in in your size and fits appropriately. 🙂

[attachment=1118287,140490] [attachment=1118287,140491]

Post # 9
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Wow you guys look absolutly stunning! This dress looks so nice on the both of you! Congrats!

Post # 12
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That dress looks amazing on you guys! I love Casablanca dresses!

Post # 14
41 posts
  • Wedding: September 2011

I ordered my Casablanca 1985 dress on Friday and now I’m having second doubts about the color! I ordered mine in ivory…but from the photos online..it looks really champagne like.  I really hope the dress is lighter.  I’m Asian, slightly tan.  Does anyone have the photos of the dress in diamond white?  Maybe it’s not too late for me to change my mind. 

Post # 16
1 posts
  • Wedding: February 2012

I have my heart set on the Casablanca 1985 in champagne with a sweetheart top. I am really tiny, size 1 pants.. if any of you ladies are done with your dress and would like to sell it for some extra cash, I would LOVE to buy it from you!

Please let me know you can email me at ..  [email protected]

The topic ‘Casablanca 1985’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors