(Closed) Casablanca 1985

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I understand exactly how you feel!  I went shopping for the first time this weekend intending to just start the process and ended up buying the second dress I tried on (though I tried on about 10 after that one).  Part of me feels like maybe I should’ve tried on more, or slept on it some, but for the moment I’m happy with my dress.  I think it’s like Randy says on “Say Yes to the Dress”: when you find the right guy, you stop looking, you don’t keep dating around, and the dress should be the same.

I think you look AMAZING in your dress!  That having been said, what are your regrets other than not trying on more dresses?  Have you seen other dresses you liked better?  What are the aspects of your dress that are bothering you?  If it’s something major, like you actually think you’d have prefered a ballgown, then maybe go try on a few.  If it’s simply that you wonder what else is out there, then I’d say don’t worry about it.  You look beautiful!!!

Post # 4
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I came very close to ordering this dress (went with the Casablanca 1955 instead).  I loved all the “bling” and how elaborate it was.  They bustled the sample for me, and the beading and embroidery looked gorgeous when bustled!  

In the end, I decided it wasn’t quite right for our daytime wedding–but if we had a late afternoon or evening wedding, I probably would have gotten it!  You look beautiful in it too!

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think it is LOVELY! I purchased the same dress for my wedding in 2 weeks. It looks SOOO much better in person. You can’t explain the detail and beading verbally. It’s a stunning dress! And yes, I love it on you! Once it is tailored to your body it will be even more beautiful. Just make sure to get it sewn in nice and snug to show your beatiful curves. A cincher or corset on the waist will bring more drama if wanted. I just purchased one and it really gave me nice shape at my waist. Nothing too crazy though. I want to still be able to breath and eat at my wedding lol. I also had the seamstress tighten it up down by my hips as well. I am a curvy girl so I wanted the dress to showcase that. Oh, I also had Casablanca give me a slight sweetheart/scoop shape as well to accent the bust a bit. Don’t doubt your dress. You made a great choice and you WILL turn heads in it on your big day!

Enjoy and good luck!

I will post pics after the 16th πŸ™‚

Post # 6
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Oooo I love that dress on you. You are gorgeous, and when the dress is fitted to YOU it will be YOURS. Don’t doubt your decision. Give it some time and stop looking at other dresses. Would you be happier with a sweetheart neckline? Some sort of tulle shrug or jacket? All of that can be had – no worries. I’ve found several dresses I like, and still I look at them and say “hmmm…I’d like that better if it were another color/had sleeves/had a little jacket”…etc.  You get the idea.

What are your options at this point? Cancel the order? Lose money? If so and you’re still having doubts, can it be sold the minute you recieve it from the store? Think about it for a bit before you decide to keep trying on dresses. It’s not the end of the world. I feel for you.

Post # 7
Hostess
11299 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

FutureMrs.Wood I know exactly how you feel, but honestly the dress looks fabulous on you, going on appearance the dress seems ‘very you’ and with a veil you want it’ll be perfect. Don’t worry about your decision you’ve made the right one.

@HisButtercup: THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU HisButtercup! You have given some excellent advice there to brides to be who are finding the one and worrying about making the right decision. I now feel so much better about my decision and I hope other brides to be now do also.

Post # 10
2321 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

OMG You are gorgeus! And the dress is totally ‘you’. Just trust your instincts! Something inside you made you buy it right away, right? There’s something to be said about that! Seems like you do know yourself best because you picked the perfect dress for you. Laughing

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

I purchased this dress for my wedding in June of next year.  I totally agree with Beck – it looks SO much better in person.  It’s very hard to pick up how sparkly and intricate it is.  The dress that I tried on was also too big…but once you have it altered to fit you it is just exceptional.  I had Casablanca alter the neckline to be a sweetheart instead of straight across and let me just tell you – this dress was MADE to be a sweetheart.

Post # 13
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Just a quick question for you, futuremrswood – is there a particular element that you’re missing? speaking from personal experience, i bought a trumpet style dress that had no type of support underneath (ie the skirt didn’t go out, it just fell straight down) and adding a mermaid petticoat made all the difference in the world. 

regardless, i think the dress is GORGEOUS on you! 

Post # 16
19 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone,

I just signed up on this sight. I just purchased casablanca 1985 and was all in a panic today.  My panic was..did I pick the right color. There sample was Ivory and that is what I went with and then all day today was scrambeling to find it in diamond white to see what it looked like, but couldn’t find one. After many calls to my mom I finaly came to the conclusion that Ivory was the color for me. I kept thinking a bride should be in white and would I feel like a Bride if I was in Ivory.. Bottom line is the dress is beautiful and I say it has the bling I was looking for and I will be 37 when I walk down the isle and I feel like a beautiful woman in it.(my first wedding)  I have the hips and was not sure I wanted to show those off…but I was told to work the curves, and own them.

Let the beauty of the dress bring out your beauty and you will look amazing.

What color did you get the dress in?

The topic ‘Casablanca 1985’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors