(Closed) Casablanca 1995 alterations/bustle, dress too big

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@LDR:  I just picked up my casablanca 1995.  Mine was way too big too…lots of alterations.  I am hoping it all turns out okay…I think I am going to do a 3 point bustle.  I think alterations will end up being 200-300 dollars 🙁  Also, I was wondering what color is your dress?  You look beautiful 🙂

Post # 4
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I just got the call that my Casablanca 1995 came in yesterday!  However, I don’t have shoes yet, so I need to find them before my fitting.

I’m worried because at the time I wore a size 6 and she ordered me a 10.  I’m a size 4 now and worry it’s going to be too big.

Post # 7
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

LDR, I am in the EXACT same predicament as yourself, down to the needed alterations and even the size of the dress! =)  I, too, purchased a size 8 Casablanca but now the hip, butt, and bust area needs to be pulled in.  Originally I was thinking that there’s no need to worry about the butt area so that I can sit down comfortably but the loosiness does nothing for my figure.  You’re right, the lace and applique is gonna be tough.  I’m getting married in 4 mos and gonna take the dress to a few seamstresses here in LA.  I’ll let you know how the alterations go. Out of curiousity, how much did they quote you for alterations?  Good luck!

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee

I’m also debating the type of bustle to get.  Any thoughts??

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee

@ LDR – I brought in my dress in and the seamstress is gonna take it in on the sides! She said the applique is removal and pulling in on the sides gives a better shape and fit as opposed to pulling in from the zipper! I had also purchased my dress second hand and the lady said that getting the dressed cleaned might shrink the lining.  It’s doable!! How are things at your end?

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I bought asample in this it was a size 8 and it neded to be a size 2/4. If you liveanywhere near baton rouge Louisiana take it to Danny at the golden needle. The dress looks like the day I brought it in…you can’t even tell and it fits me like a glove! He also bustled it with 5 hook and eyes on the dress and I really like it bc it keeps my full skirt in the back. I paid a little over 200$ for my alterations which is not bad considering he totally reconstructed the dress. I’m so in love! 

Post # 12
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

May I ask what size you wear in street clothes? I ordered a casablanca 1975 and the dress lady ordered a size 6. I wear a 4/6 in street clothes! I’m so nervous that she ordered a too small of size!!! It should be here in a couple weeks.

By the way, the dress looks great!

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hello I also live in MN and love this dress, I was wondering what store did you get the dress from? Thanks!!! And the dress looks great!!!

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee

Wow, you look beautiful!!! I got my alterations done at In Stitches in Woodland Hills, CA and here are the prices I paid

$175 to take the sides in

$35 to add a puff (the dress was too long for me)

$65 for a french bustle

$25 for a seat belt ( to strap me in)

and I looove my dress!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1995 alterations/bustle, dress too big’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors