(Closed) Casablanca 1995 Real Bride Photos??

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 5
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

sorry the front ones aren’t to great…my photographers weren’t doing a great job haha…im a size 14 and i was worried with the style dress…but i love love love it 

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee

@tuscanbride: so do you!! is this the dress you ended up getting??

Post # 12
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey, I know no one’s posted on this thread for a while, but just wanted to let other Casablanca 1995 brides know that they should wear a mermaid crinoline- if you want it poofier of course. I personally LOVED what the crinoline did for the dress. And I hadn’t discovered that til like the 4th or 5th time trying it on.

So, just wanted to let you know in case you hadn’t thought of it. It also cured my problem for the dress being too long, it tooka bout an inch off the length.

This one is with the mermaid crinoline:

This one is without:

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@k10byrd- it looks beautiful on you! i just bought this dress today!! i’m very excited & thanks for the tip on the mermaid crinoline!!

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

This is my future daughter in-law in the Casablanca 1995 in April 2011.  She purchased this dress for her October 14, 2011 wedding. (this is the store sample)

We are in the final fitting stage with an issue of how it is bustled. The seamstress actually put 7 hooks & eyes on the outside of the dress and you lift up the eye and hook it.  HIDIOUS! (Photo #2 below this photo)

PHOTO #1

PHOTO #2

You can see the hooks!!!!  We are currently trying to get the seamstress to create a more traditional French bustle. (photo #3 below this photo)

PHOTO #3

French Bustle

A couple of tips:

• If you buy it new they will measure you “hem to hollow” which is from the little dip/hollow just under your throat to where the hem should be in the front. 
  • If you purchase the sample it would be extremely difficult & costly to hem it
  • BIG tip – IF you order a wedding gown give the establishment you are purchasing from a date of 2 weeks prior to you actual wedding as your ‘wedding’ date.  For instance, if your wedding is 10/14/11 tell the bridal shop you’re getting married on 09/30/11.  This will give you 2 full weeks you do not have to worry about your dress or go to fittings. It’s one less thing you’ll have to worry about!

We did this and the bridal shop we’re dealing with is not finishing this dress until Tuesday, which is 3 days before the wedding! (Or at least what they think the wedding to be). I’m SO glad we did this as it eliminated the stress level we would have been experiencing now.

PS – the dress is going to be amazing!

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am in love with this dress.  I plan on purchasing this dress no later than Monday.  I’ve been a bit paranoid.  I tried it on at a couple different shops – all authorized resellers of Casablanca.  I really loved how I felt after trying it on a few times.  I visited the first store I tried the dress on, since they seemed to offer a good price.  But when I tried it on, the material did not feel the same, felt course and it seemed “flat”.  So I passed, thinking I just made the wrong dress choice.  But I tried the dress again at another store and it was 100 times better… it felt full and luxurious.  Thoughts ran through my mind… maybe the first shope was selling a fabricated dress..but they are an authorized reseller so why would they do that?  My only conclusion about store #1 was maybe they altered it so many times that it lost it’s luster (they rent dresses).  But at this point, I think wherever I find my dress I will ask them for proof that they truly ordered it at the Casablanca factory.  One shop in LA was trying to sell it for $900 (they said they were going to include the hem to hollow – but as I learned later this is actually a service that Casablanca provides).  Another was trying to charge me $1,000 plus alterations ($200).  I found a store in Orange County selling it for $750 and they were honest about the hem to hallow service.  I’m gonna try to deal with a store in LA where I can get my groomsmen tuxes and bridal gowns, hoepfully they will work with us in terms of pricing but if not, I will make my way to the OC shop πŸ™‚  Anyway, I’m excited about purchasing my dress so I can have motivation to lose weight for the big day.

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@rosieposy: Hi! I was wondering what shop in OC was selling this dress for $750?  I just purchased this dress for $1125 πŸ™  I am hoping to see if I can get some of my money back….thanks so much!!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1995 Real Bride Photos??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors