Casablanca 2072 alterations!!!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
171 posts
Blushing bee

Have you tried photoshopping the pic?  Just for funsies to see if you can get an image.

Post # 7
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@notsogrim82314:  It does look plain to me but I am definitely biased. This was my dress and not only did I leave the belt, I added sleeves. I know this would be way too much for most people. You could add a sash at the waist that’s better suited to your taste and/or dress it up with other accesories, hairstyle, etc. I think it all depends on what look you’re going for! I’m sure whatever you pick, you will look back and love!

Post # 10
172 posts
Blushing bee

Sure! I did a custom hem (I’m 5’1 on a good day) and added the sleeves. I left the waist and fit as-is. I am curvy/borderline chubby and I thought the dress was flattering. In fact, I feel like I’ve seen pictures of the dress on many different body types and it is universally flattering. If you don’t love the way it fits when it comes in, you can always get it altered to be more like what you want!

Post # 11
172 posts
Blushing bee

And, for what it’s worth, I was EXTREMELY nervous and anxious when I was waiting for my dress. Not only did I customize it and didn’t know exactly what it would look like, but I was between sizes and ordered the slightly smaller size in hopes of shedding a few pounds. I worried for months and when it came in, it was exactly as I imagined it. Not only did I like the way it looked but it fit like a glove. I didn’t need alterations. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to panic or be too nervous!

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MrsHalpert13:  Did you have Casablana add the sleeves or did your seamstress? 

Do you have any pictures of the back? It looks GORGEOUS!!

Post # 14
172 posts
Blushing bee

@HB70514:  Casablanca did it. I worked with someone at the bridal boutique and we sent pictures and drawings. More or less, it turned out to be what I had in mind!

Post # 15
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@notsogrim82314 This was my dress as well and I kept the beading and had the back changed to a corset. I LOVED my dress!!

This is the best pic I have of the back for now

From my final fitting

Best day ever!!!!!

I loved everything about my dress <3

Post # 16
172 posts
Blushing bee

@angelicd77:  How beautiful! I am glad your wedding went well!That last picture is awesome!

I’ve changed my name, btw but we exchanged emails! (I don’t want to seem like a random creeper!)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors