(Closed) Casablanca style 2008

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Good choice! I tried that dress on, it’s beautiful!

Post # 4
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@atalante: I do! I just put a deposit on it this past Saturday. πŸ™‚ When the consultant first pulled it off the rack, I was like “Eh..”

But I tried it on and nothing else could compare! Plus it was a sample sale… so I got it on the cheap! πŸ˜€

Post # 6
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@atalante: I have the same dress! & what’s really odd is I’m getting married the same day. Have you picked out bridesmaid dresses yet? I’m having the hardest time trying to find something that will look good on all of my girls. I do want them in the same style. I also want theirs to have a little bling since the Casablanca 2008 is very sparkly & blingy! Any ideas?

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee

I want lots of silver jewelry to. We are shopping for bridesmaids dresses tommorrow. I have 7 girls so this is going to be interesting lol! i originally wanted lots and lots of pearls until I decided on this dress. Now i just want lots of bling!

I haven’t thought about the bustle yet. I ordered my dress in May, and they said it would take 8 months to get here which means it prob won’t be here until end of Dec or early Jan. I did the custom sizing which I know will still have to be altered some but the lady talked me into paying a little more to have it custom sized so hopefully it won’t need many alterations. What colors are you doing? We are doing a kiwi bright green and a fushia pink. i really would like the bridesmaid dresses to be green with a pink belt or somehow incorporate the 2 colors. They are also going to have pink shoes. It seems like now alot of ppl are doing the fun colored shoes.

Post # 10
437 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t bought any accessories for mine yet. But I’m leaning toward a combination of feathers and bling. I did buy silver shoes for it recently, but they weren’t the right silver once I put them up next to it. (The beading is really more pewter than pure silver.)

In the end, I bought an ivory pair from DB.

As far as colors go, my scheme is eggplant, merlot, moss & ivory. Not sure what color to go with for the bridesmaids. Most likely merlot-ish.

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee

WAHOO! BMs dresses are done! we looked at sooo many different ones but ended up picking one out of the two that i had in mind from the start and have been looking at for months! finally decided on….Alfred Angelo style# 7122! I LOVE it! The dress looked great on everyone and i LOVE how it comes in two colors. The dress is going to be pistachio with the fushia trim. It doesn’t have beading or anything but the sweetheart top matches our dress very well.

I love your colors. Alot of the BMs dresses they had in the store to try on were purple & looked soo good. Now I can move on to shoes….fun! I found the perfect pair to match the BMs dresses at Davids Bridal. They are pink and have a bow on top which would match their dresses perfectly! But I do think $50 is alot for BMs shoes since they will probably never wear them again..(Well some of them will but most won’t.) So I’m going to look around and see if I can find anything cheaper, if not then the shoes from Davids Bridal win! I think they are called Maribelle peep toe heels.

The only advice I have for when you go BMs dress shopping is to ask the place to only show you dresses that come in your color. That was where we messed up. The girls just started trying on several dresses and of course the 2 we liked didn’t come in my color. We wasted alot of time. I think the green I chose though isn’t a very common shade of green so I’m sure you will have alot more options. Good luck!

Post # 12
437 posts
Helper bee

I’m thinking of getting this dress (from Etsy) for the bridesmaids because it’s a wrap dress and can be worn in a ton of different styles. I messaged the seller and she has quite a few options for colors:

As far as MY SHOES go, I bought these on sale for $30 from the David’s Bridal web site… “Desire” by Coloriffics

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee

I haven’t been on here in forever..LOVE those shoes & that dress! Its very pretty. I’ve got to start shoe shopping! I have no idea where to start looking! You got an awesome deal on those shoes. So my dress wasn’t supposed to be in until January! They called last week & said it came in. I’m going to try it on tom and I don’t know why but I’m panicking & second guessing it. I only tried on 4 dresses and it was the 2nd one I tried on..everyone fell in love with it and told me not to try on a lot more or I’d just get confused so I went ahead & ordered it which was back in May.. And I did fall in love with it that day to.. I’m sure trying it on tom & it actually being in my size will reassure me… I really think I’ve just been watching to much of say yes to the dress! Lol!

Post # 15
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I just ordered that dress, I was very torn between 2008 and 1914. I’m hoping I made the right choice by going with the 2008. They both lookedso amazing on me. I’m going for the vintage look and they ordered 2008 in Champagne. I will post pictures when the dress comes in.

The topic ‘Casablanca style 2008’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors