Caterers …booking up! ….wedding is not until September 2015! ah!

posted 3 years ago in Food
Post # 2
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

when we booked our venue over a year ago, they were already booked for half of 2015. our photographer has people booking into 2016 already. 

gotta move fast!

Post # 3
111 posts
Blushing bee

wow! that’s insane. I must have lucked out; I started planning my August 2nd (this year) wedding in late April, and I still managed to get everything I needed. Insane. 

Post # 4
2264 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

PunkRockPrincess:  I have no advice to give…I can only empathize! My wedding is over a year out and we are having difficulty finding a HOTEL that can block out rooms for us! Best of luck finding a caterer!! 

Post # 5
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Oh yes, our wedding is in Oct 14 and when we started looking in sept 13 venues were booked til nov-dec 14. It’s crazy! I get so annoyed when when now,  4 months out people are like oh you have plenty of time, I’m like what wedding did you plan?!?

Post # 6
11001 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

If you’ve already chosen a date, this suggestion won’t be useful, but for brides reading this who have not yet chosen a date but are concered that they may not be able to secure their choice of venues and vendors in the timeframe they desire, a Friday night wedding may be the answer.

Post # 7
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

PunkRockPrincess:  I booked my venue since 3 months ago wedding is a year ahead industries so you got to move fast 

Post # 9
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

PunkRockPrincess:  my venue does the Catering also and only charge us $76 with open bar and 2 signature drink and 1 hour cocktail hour and 3 course meal. I am almost done with this wedding can’t wait for the one year mark 

Post # 10
2657 posts
Sugar bee

Traditional wedding caterers may be booking up, but if your venue allows it, there are definitely some other options out there.  We looked into local restaurants and food trucks as well.  Our wedding is this September and we booked catering only 2 months ago.  Every food truck we contacted had availability and was eager to work with us.  Their prices were also way lower than the traditional wedding caterers I looked into, and for better tasting food IMO.

Post # 13
4893 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

The most common misconception brides make is that they have plenty of times! I can’t tell you how often I get contacted in January for a September wedding and then they’re shocked to hear I’m already booked (I”m a photographer). The second we set a date and picked a venue I started to coordinate vendors and even ended up moving our date around a little bit based on availability.

The best suggestion I can make is to not delay on meeting with vendors.

Post # 14
5199 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

PunkRockPrincess:  That is nuts.  Don’t stress too much though, I’m SURE you’ll find lots of vendors with more availability, especially if you look at those who don’t market themselves agressively for weddings.  I do corporate events all the time and booking on a few months notice is not normally a problem.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors