catering price for 200 guests?!

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

litopoeticme:  We’re getting married in Boston at a venue that includes catering, but in my previous research (while we were still considering other venues), I found that $100/person is at the low end for Boston. While I’m sure there are more affordable caterers out there, I think you’re going to have a hard time finding something that’s still good and much cheaper than that. 

Essentially, if you can find a caterer that would save you more than $1000, then it’s worth it. If you can’t, then it’s not worth it. Also consider that working with vendors that have worked at your venue before is a HUGE plus.

Like I said, our venue comes with catering and staff, so it’s a little different, but when you include table settings, all food (including cake), alcohol and staff (plus fees and service charges), our venue will be about $225/person. 

Good luck!

Post # 4
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

litopoeticme:  We’re getting married at the Boston College Club in the Financial District. It’s on the 36th floor of the Bank of America building, and has BEAUTIFUL 360 degree views of Boston. We fell in love with it right away. I also think it’s a great deal for what we get and for its location.

Which venue do you have your heart set on? 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors