- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014 - Church
Hi everyone! So I am not Catholic, but I am a baptized Christian. FI is Catholic, so we are having our ceremony in our Parish. We received our information packet in the mail that outlines everything have to do in order to be married at the Church and I had a couple of questions:
- What should I expect from the initial interview with the Priest? What kind of questions are asked? What should we have prepared (other than the documents that they asked for)?
- What exactly is a Focuss questionaire? It sounds like some sort of a test – is it possible to fail it?
- How much do you typically gift to the Priest for officiating? How do you come up with the amount? (The Church is charging us $310.00 for the ceremony but I don’t know how much would be appropriate to give the Priest – $200? $300? More? Less? We are also planning on inviting the Priest to our reception)
- When FI inquired with the administration last week he was told that they want us to do the course as soon as possible. However, the only one that is in the near future is this Saturday, then there is nothing until the end of January (which we will actually be out of the country for), so we would not be able to until the dates in February (this was checking the Archdiocese website for available dates within our region). Do you think that that would be “soon enough”?
- FI was informed when he contacted the administration to inquire that the current Priest is retiring around the time that we are getting married. If he has retired by then is there anything special we need to do to keep our current Priest as our officiant?
Sorry if some of these questions seem stupid, but I honestly don’t know since the majority of my church experience are within Evengelical sects of Christianity (Baptist, Wesleyan, etc.).