(Closed) Ceremony & Reception – How Long?

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

If it’s not a Catholic mass, then it most likely won’t take over 30 mins.  My timeline is similar, and very tight:

1 – 1:30 ceremony

1:30 – 2 receiving line and formal pictures

2 – 2:45 formal pictures in park

2:45 – 3 drive to reception (10 minute drive, 5 to get out of city, and stop for one more photo on the way)

at reception by 3 hopefully – Reception cards said 2:30.

Post # 4
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Agree with SubmarinersBrideif you’re not having a catholic wedding ceremony, you can have it as short as you want. 

Our ceremony is also starting at 12:30, but we’re having a catholic ceremony so it wil end at 1:30. 

Post # 5
33 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mine is actually tight as well

Ceremony @2:00-2:45

Pictures in church till 3:45

Pictures in park till 5:00

Reception Cocktail hour starts at 4:00, Dinner at 5:30

Post # 7
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

When we reserved our venues (ceremony and reception with the same facility, different rooms) and we told them we want a 2:00 p.m. ceremony start time with a 4:00 p.m. reception, they put down the ceremony lasting from 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., non-religious. I was thinking it would take an hour, giving the amount of people walking down the aisle, and for handicap/wheelchair people who will be in the procession. And since we’re writing our own vows and my Uncle’s wife will be officiating, I don’t know what she had in mind, so it’s really not confirmed how long will things take.

Post # 8
3471 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

That sounds like a good timeline, although, 90 minutes is a LONG ceremony for your guests– you may want to try and keep it under 60 depending on how your officiant feels. 

The topic ‘Ceremony & Reception – How Long?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors