(Closed) Ceremony & Reception in the Same Room. Do you think its tacky?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 4
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It’s really up to you. My coworker had his ceremony/reception in the same room, similar to what you described and it worked very well for him. I don’t think people are going to be super concerned about walking down a hallway to another room and the hallway’s decor (as long as it’s not super dirty or anything). Either way, your wedding will be beautiful!

Post # 5
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I don’t think it’s tacky at all! I was very close to booking a place where the guests were seated “reception style” during the ceremony. I went to put the deposit down on the place and they had booked my date the day before without telling me! So FI and I found another place that we love and we’ll be having our ceremony outdoors and the reception in a large banquet room. Our plan if it rains is to have the ceremony in the same room as the reception. I wanted it that way originally but FI really wanted to get married outside, so we compromised. I think it can definitely be done

beautifully!

The topic ‘Ceremony & Reception in the Same Room. Do you think its tacky?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors