- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
You can find an entire wedding timelines ANYWHERE but good luck trying to find a ceremony order of events!….Unless you’re religious im having a hard time finding this informaiton. We are having a non-religious ceremony.
What do you think of this order? I don’t want the ceremony to go over 30 minutes.
- Wedding processional or entrance of the bride and groom and wedding party. “Till the End of Time” Sung by Audrey.
- Officiants welcome and brief definition of marriage.
- Poem read by Maid of Honor. Memorial Poem for Johnny.
- Background ceremony music plays
- Bride and witnesses to sign the wedding license
- Wedding Vows
- Exchange of wedding rings or gifts
- officiant’s sanction of the marriage
- A first kiss as a married couple
- A recessional – “Wonderful World” Sung by Audrey
FIRST READING: Tara (Maid of Honor)
i carry your heart by ee cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet)
i want no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
SECOND READING: Manda (Brides Sister)
Officiant briefly recognizes loved ones that passed away…something like this
At this time we invite Breton’s sister Manda ****** up to light a candle and read a poem for their brother Johnny ******** who has passed on. Though he cannot be with us physically to celebrate this special day, we acknowledge that Johnny is here in our hearts.
The Tide – Author Unknown
The tide recedes but leaves behind
bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down, but gentle
warmth still lingers on the land.
The music stops, and yet it echoes
on in sweet refrains…..
For every joy that passes,
something beautiful remains.