- 6 years ago
- Wedding: December 2011
My Fi just got back from meeting with our venue for our final meeting. It was suppose to be a simple go over the menu and small details meeting. I am waiting here at home for our flowers to arrive by Fed-ex, so I wasn’t able to go. Fiance got completely side swiped.
Our venue had decided to rent out the room we were going to use for our ceremony. We were planning if there was bad weather (which he even said we would plan for), to use the smaller indoor room, with cute chandeliers. I had tulle and such for decorations, because the room has a smaller ceiling and is very small in width it would be have been very comfortable and intimate. It will be raining on Saturday (80% chance) so likely cannot do an outdoor ceremony or maybe there will be a miracle 🙂
Now we have to use our reception room for our ceremony, which is large and very hard to decorate. I understand that at the end of the day Fiance and I will get married, but I cannot help but to feel mad, angry and very upset about this. I wish I could have been there, because I am not okay with this at all. This is not what we had discussed. This is a gigantic downgrade. Fiance didn’t even tell him we want X back or that we want a discount. He just took it like it was okay.
Legally speaking – At this point we are 2 days away so our cancelation period has past. I am at a loss of what I should do. I went to look at our contract and it doesn’t specifically say what rooms we have it says “Ceremony Garden Gazebo” and “Reception Room,” it does explicitly say “We do not guarantee a particular room.” So I am thinking legally I’m screwed because it doesn’t explicitly say we get to use two rooms incase of bad weather.
This is what the room we will use for both ceremony and recpetion:
The curtain will be closed, the false wood wall could also be there if we want.
The painting will be covered with a purple curtain. The dance floor is at this end of the room by the painting. Our linens (black and white) are already on the tables.
Becuase its so tall I am wondering if I should scrap using tulle all together, and just keep the room as it is. The first two pictures that side of the room has a 20 ft ceiling. The other side is about a 14 ft.
The room is 24 ft by 80 ft.
I would appericate constructive ideas, I know there are things I should have done taht may have prevented this cluster.