Ceremony & venue booked today! September 13, 2014

posted 3 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
10891 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@sunshinewish15: Two things you can tick off the to do list. I’ve said this already today on another thread, but September’s a lovely month to get married. Enjoy and good luck with the rest of your planning. It’ll go quick.

Post # 4
975 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

We have so much done it is ridiculous. I’ve been day dreaming about our wedding for almost a year before he proposed. Ceremony and recpetion venue booked, dress purchased, officiant picked out, guest list done, save the dates ready to be printed and sent. I have designed the invites, wedding programs and guest book. Colors are picked, bridal party chosen (working on Will you be my bridesmaid? boxes), flowers picked out and website done. Ordered stuff for ribbon wands, photo booth and card box. 

Post # 5
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@sunshinewish15:  Yay, congrats – and I am on the same date! 🙂  I have not done much yet, alas – I have a dress and we have a honeymoon booked.  The venue is picked out but not booked (need to get on that).  Other than that… nothing.  So you are ahead of me I think!

Post # 6
104 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats date twin! We have the church and reception venue selected, bookerd our honeymoon and I ordered my dress. Now we’re researching to find the rest of our vendors and working on some DIY projects. We’re hoping to find a photographer soon so we can get e-pics done.

Post # 7
462 posts
Helper bee

@sunshinewish15:  I’m getting married the day after you!! We got engaged 9/27/13 and immediately called venues but none of them had any Saturdays left in Sept or Oct, so we went with a Sunday 🙂

So far we’ve booked our venue for the ceremony & reception. We also booked our photographer, created our budget and came up with our color scheme and guest list. I have a lot of ideas for the decor etc but nothing purchased yet. I have a potential bridesmaid dress I want my BMs to try on. We also booked our honeymoon!!!

Next steps for me: make appointments with florists, send inspiration board to the graphic designer doing our invitations (my fiance’s aunt), go fabric shopping with my mom for table runner fabric, mak appointments with bridal salons to try on dresses.

Congrats on setting a date! 🙂

Post # 8
200 posts
Helper bee

Yay date twins! 🙂 Woohoo 9-13-14!

Post # 9
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

congrats, date twin!  The same thing happened to me, our dream venue only had one date available, and it was our dream date!  Some things are meant to be 🙂

Post # 10
367 posts
Helper bee

DATE TWINS!!!

Post # 11
176 posts
Blushing bee

Hi date twins!!! My first choice was actually 9/20/14, but it was taken, so we went with 9/13. It’s a couple days after my birthday but it will make September all the more special!

We got engaged May 2013 and booked our chapel immediately. I have always known I wanted to get married in the chapel my parents were married in, and FI is on board. I’m lucky in the sense he is leaving most of the planning and details up to me. We also booked our venue, our officiant (my uncle is performing the ceremony), photographer, and DJ. Our venue also does our cake, so one less vendor to book.

I haven’t purchased my dress yet, but plan to do that by the end of this year. It’s the one thing I am really struggling with, as I never thought I wanted a ball gown and now I am being drawn towards them. I don’t want to feel like a “princess” on our wedding day; I want to feel like a bride. However I am most comfortable in ball gowns (as opposed to my original thought of an a-line) because they really accentuate my pear shape. Decisions!

I am going BM dress shopping with my girls in a few weeks. Very excited about that!

Our colors are navy, pink, and white. My girls will be in navy with pink and white flowers. I think my bouquet will be mostly pink flowers. Guys’ boutonnieres will be white (perhaps a rose?). Tablecloths will be white with navy napkins (all supplied by the venue). After the new year, I’m going to start looking into florists and do mock up DIY centerpieces (definitely candles of some sort!)

Post # 12
176 posts
Blushing bee

OH! FI finally asked his last groomsman, so our bridal party is set. I asked my girls back in June! I am having my sister as my MOH and 2 best friends as my BMs. FI is having his 3 best friends stand up for him. Also, one of my BMs is crazy talented and is designing and making our invitations as her gift to us. She did her own wedding invitations a few years back and they were beautiful.

ETA: grammar

Post # 13
78 posts
Worker bee

@esk716:  We’re date twins!! Yay Sunday Brides! Why did you choose a Sunday? We are Jewish so we’re following that tradition.

@sunshinewish15:  congrats on setting the date! So exciting! Less than 10 months till our wedding weekends!!

Post # 14
462 posts
Helper bee

@AngieLuvsAdam:  Yay for date twins!! We got engaged this September and every Saturday in Sept-early Oct 2014 was already booked at every venue we looked at. I didn’t want to have to wait until Summer 2015 (we wanted an outdoor ceremony) so we decided to do a Sunday :).

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors