(Closed) Champagne & Dessert

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1866 posts
Buzzing bee

@stephlovessaul: I think it would depend on the timing.  You’d have to avoid dinner time to let guests get dinner on their own…like around 8PM or so I would think, either that or in the afternoon around 2-3.

Post # 4
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

@AshleyR83: I agree.

As long as it’s not around mealtime and is clear to the guests I think it could be a lovely (and inexpensive) way to go.

Post # 5
46256 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it would be great. Timing is everything though, so people don’t arrive expecting a meal.

Post # 6
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

This sounds like my kind of party! I think though you would have to start late. 8:30 ceremony 9pm reception. 

Post # 7
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

OMG i would love to come to your wedding.!!! Just make the wording clear on the invites so they don’t expect a meal. ie: light fare.  Ppl will love it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
1 posts
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am considering the same sort of idea. I are trying keep the budget low and the planning simple. I suggested it to my mother (who is in charge of organizing the reception) yesterday and she is thrilled with the idea. It will be so much less stress and we can now put more focus on the small details to make it elegant, enjoyable, and memorable for everyone.

Our ceremony will be held at 10:30 am, then we will break for photos, then the reception will be from 3-6 pm in a beautiful garden park. (I do agree, choosing the right time of day and communicating the plan to your guests are definitely important.)

For the comfort of your guests, I also recommend serving a few non-dessert appies (finger sandwiches, fruit, cheese platters perhaps) This way anyone attending, who may have diabetes, small children to feed, or may have simply gotten caught up in all the action and missed lunch, can find something non-sugary to snack on.

The way I see it:

Less mess, less cleanup, less worry = more fun, more relaxation, a more joyous occasion.

Post # 9
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I want to come!  Definitely a good idea!

Post # 11
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I wanted to do this but was vetoed… and it wouldn’t have worked with timing anyway because we’re getting married outdoors and we don’t really want to do it in the dark. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’d say go for it, though! I’d be happy to attend a champagne/dessert reception as long as I ate before.

Post # 12
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@stephlovessaul: That sounds like a really lovely reception! Go for it.

Post # 13
556 posts
Busy bee

just make sure it’s clear on the invite:: “Champagne toast and dessert to follow”

The topic ‘Champagne & Dessert’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors