Changing back of dress advice/Allure 2618

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

If you haven’t tried the dress on yet, you may find that you don’t like how it looks on you.  My suggestion would be to not spend much time figuring out how to change it until you know you love it on you.

You will need the advice of a seamstress for a significant change like that.   

You may find that other dresses can give you what you’re looking for without having to go through significant alterations.  Like this:

Post # 5
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Seems okay, not to sound perv

but are you heavy chested, or not so much

because if you are those, small straps are going to look ackward

the changes you have made are nice, those straps are a little concern to me

Post # 6
58 posts
Worker bee

I went to a costuming school for awhile and did a lot of work with corsets, ball gowns, and wedding dresses, and based on my experience, you wouldnt be able to keep the shaping in the waist and bust if you alter your dress this way. The dress will only hug your body at the waist, where it comes together in the back. In the area that covers the bust, where there is no fabric in the back, it won’t be tight and will likely gap on the sides if not fitted perfectly, which won’t be easy. It also probably won’t create the push up effect in the bust unless it’s heavily boned in the front. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but don’t expect the dress to look exactly like it did before alterations, just with a lower back. 

Post # 6
31 posts
  • Wedding: October 2015

Did you end up altering this dress? I want to alter the neckline and am curious to see how it turned out. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors