Changing First When Getting Married?

posted 3 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
1226 posts
Bumble bee

@bonbonsparklesMD:  You can put what you go by socially on anything except legal documents (then it needs to be your legal name) so I’d go ahead and just use the combined name on the invitation. 

Post # 5
9150 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@bonbonsparklesMD:  I agree with PP.  You only need to write out your full name on legal documents and identification (driver’s license, passport, etc…).  For everything else you can just go by your first first name.  You can print just Roxi on your invitations and sign your emails with just Roxi.  You can even introduce yourself as just plain Roxi.  But when filing taxes or filling out HR documents you will need to use your legal name (i.e. the one on your Social Security card.)

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors