Charters of the hive #100

posted 8 months ago in TTC
Post # 721
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hey ladies! 

I’ve been TTC and I’m about to start our 6th cycle. I finally broke down today and bought a thermometer and i have a few questions about temping:

1.) Do you wake up earlier on the weekends to temp at the same time you do during the week? I usually get up at 5 during the week so should I still do that on the weekends? 

2.) What exactly am I looking for? I heard 3 high temps indicate O – so would the 3rd day be the day I O? 

3.) Any other things I need to know? I plan on using FF to keep track of everything. 

Post # 723
1579 posts
Bumble bee

Jamergurl921 :  Clarifing mama2bee71‘s 2nd comment. Three high temperatures in a row mean that you already ovulated – meaning the day you ovulated is typically the lowest temperature before the spike. Fertility Friend is an analytical app, meaning that it makes assumptions based on the data you input. This is not to be confused with predictive apps. While it may give you estimates based on previous data, you won’t see crosshairs confirming O that day you input your temperature. FF is not predictive – meaning it won’t tell you when you’re going to ovulate, but rather will confirm after the fact that you did ovulate. When she says FF will put the crosshairs 3 days after you O, she means that even if you think you already O’d based on your temps going up, FF continues to analyzes the data you input. After you’ve had 3 consecutively high temperatures, FF will then go back 3 days on your chart and put crosshairs. Meaning by the time that you get your crosshairs/confirmation of O, you have already O’d. I hope this makes sense.

Post # 724
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

TTC/TTA: TTC

CD/DPO: CD3

Cycles TTC/Charting: 1 ttc, this is cycle 29 charting (I use Kindara, but tried FF mid-LP last cycle)

Age/SO’s Age: 30/30

POAS/AF Date: 15 days after temp shift. Kindara predicts August 14th but it all depends when I ovulate. 

BFP Plan and/or Known Issues: Charting, OPKs, timing. Supplements (Vitamin C, D, DHA, and Folate). Might try maca root again in FP. Husband is taking zinc and loading up on antioxidants (he is on meds that might reduce production so we’re hoping this’ll help).

Link to chart: https://fertilityfriend.com/home/6b930f (boring current chart, rollercoaster previous chart)

Post # 725
1095 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

TTC/TTA: TTC

CD/DPO: CD19

Cycles TTC/Charting: 4 cycles NTNP, first cycle actively TTC with charting and timing BD

Age/SO’s Age: 28/31

POAS/AF Date: Normally O around now, so test date would be ~2 weeks from now depending on temp shift 

BFP Plan and/or Known Issues: I’ve been temping this month. Keep forgetting to use OPKs, but I have them. Prenatals. No known issues. It took a while for me to have my first kid, so hopefully this one happens a little faster.

Link to chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4f6f04 I was hoping for a little advice on my chart. It’s a little wonky right now. I know I usually O around now and CM seems to agree, but my temps seem like they are all over the place. Any insight?

Post # 727
572 posts
Busy bee

mama2bee71 :  I’m doing well with temping. CD 10 here. I decided to do maca in my FP so my CF has been amazing so far, but I have no other signs of coming up on ovulation, and my OPKs have been super negative. I’m hoping so badly to ovulate earlier than usual because I’m too impatient to want to wait 41 days like last cycle, haha. 
Best of luck to you! 

Post # 729
1095 posts
Bumble bee

Do these crosshairs look right? I normally O around CD19. Not sure why it’s thinking CD17? I don’t want to test too early, but I’m weak. Haha. 

Post # 730
572 posts
Busy bee

mama2bee71 :  Not yet, but it’s on my list of things to try. I ordered a bottle of soy isoflavones, which I’ve heard can help, but you take it like Clomid at the start of your cycle, so that’s a probability for next cycle. I may try Vitex the cycle after, if things are still super delayed like last cycle. 

MechEBee :  It depends what your settings are. For FAM ovulation detection, these crosshairs aren’t right. If it’s FF automatic detection, it could be accurate. They seem to have a pretty good handle on analyzing your chart. My last chart, I couldn’t confirm ovulation by FAM standards, but I put in all my stats in FF and it gave me crosshairs that matched up exactly with my regular LP (despite never having used FF before), and my period came 15 days after the crosshairs/ coverline, just like normal. 

Post # 731
1095 posts
Bumble bee

lucialucentum :  what is FAM? I just have it set to automatically give me crosshairs from my temps. I’m kicking myself for not using my OPKs now. 

Post # 733
1095 posts
Bumble bee

mama2bee71 :  the open circles are because I temp later on my weekends. If I set my alarm for 4am just to temp I won’t be able to fall back asleep. After this morning’s temp, FF moved my crosshairs to CD19. So that’s good. More in line with what I thought. I was getting excited to test early though. Lol. 

Post # 735
1095 posts
Bumble bee

mama2bee71 :  CD19 is normal for me. That is why I was surprised to see crosshairs on CD17. It’s nice that it changed so I don’t feel crazy about my tracking, but I will admit that I was excited to be able to test sooner. Lol. This cycle is going good. I wish it would have happened when we were NTNP because that felt less “calculated,” but I’m glad that we’re being more proactive now. When is your POAS date?

My moved O date:

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors