(Closed) Checking in August 2010 brides :)

posted 8 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
722 posts
Busy bee

i THOUGHT i was finished. But, I am getting married in Thailand! We are going to wait and see for awhile, but I might have to move the wedding to a new country!

Post # 4
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Miss Lily we’re date twins!

Just had our cake tasting over the weekend and my veil just arrived so in terms of dress and accessories, those are done, phew! Just need to send out those invitations and wait for the rsvps to come in Smile

Cakegal that’s so exciting (minus the current situation over there). We were planning to go their on our honeymoon since I have family there, but just like you, we might have to move that to another country as well.

Post # 5
2719 posts
Sugar bee

Pretty much! I just graduated college over the weekend, so I’ll be getting really into all of the wedding stuff now!!

Post # 6
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Yikes, I feel behind!

– Just signed contract today with DJ.   Last Thurs with flowers and photographers.

– Still have to order the invitations- today!  or this week…

– No clue about the cake yet!!

– No veil yet either…

-No hair person

-Still need 2nd dress fitting….

Post # 7
351 posts
Helper bee

I feel like I’ve got so much done, but then I think of all the things I still have to do! It’s hard to have a 9-5 job while planning:-|

I still have to book my hair and make-up stylist, decide on centerpieces, order a cake, order party favors, get a guest book, cake cutter and server, toasting flutes, oh, and the groom still needs his tux! The bigger things are out of the way though; invitations will be mailed within the next couple weeksJ

Post # 8
1154 posts
Bumble bee

Sometimes I think I’m so done! and other times I’m in so much trouble!

Need to decide on centerpieces, figure out hair and make up, figure out hair piece/veil, find necklace, finish gifts, book transportation, finish ketubah, order thank you notes, find russian songs, write ceremony! and a gazzilion other tiny details.

ETA: And find someone to alter my dress!  which is difficult and is going to come in right before the day.

Post # 9
27 posts

Oh, I’m feeling a bit behind!

I have the location and menu done, the photographer is all set, the “cake” has been decided on, my dress is being made, my Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are being made, the invites are being shipped and should be arriving to me in a few days. 

I have no idea what the men are wearing, I can’t seem to nail down a DJ, decided on the favors but need to get it done, need to work on the ceremony and lots of other details… yikes!!!!!!

Post # 10
58 posts
Worker bee

Oh wow you guys, you make me look PITIFUL over here! πŸ™‚

I just booked our reception venue so I can finally put together our invitations (which I am DIY-ing).

I have to schedule my first dress fitting.

Have to figure our reception details.

Have to figure out flowers.

Have to book our hotel for wedding night.

Have to figure out honeymoon logistics.

Have to decide if men are wearing suits or military uniforms.

Eesh.  Bye ladies, I’m off to work!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
49 posts

All I have left is to make a photo-slideshow for our reception, finish up my DIY centerpieces, and go to my make-up trial on June 28th πŸ™‚ My wedding is in Wisconsin, and I’m in Canada, so there are a few things I can’t do until I arrive there three weeks before the wedding, but until then i’m pretty much just waiting on school to be finished so I can fly out and get married! We’ve been engaged for 13 months already, so I’ve been able to get things done early. 

Post # 12
722 posts
Busy bee

Thanks Tippy! I love Thailand so much, I really hope it works out. Plus the announcements are already printed, my FI’s ring is engraved in Thai, and we are having a Thai themed at home reception. I will feel silly if we have to get married somewhere else.

I am not Thai, I have just traveled there before and loved it. Where does your family live? We are planning on going to Bangkok, getting married in the Golden Triangle and then going to Phuket and Phi Phi.

Post # 13
3526 posts
Sugar bee

Things are really starting to take off!! We just need to stay motivated!

Printed the english side of our invites yesterday and Fiance will start cutting them tonight. Last night he cut all the cardstock for the invites and we made beer batch one for our wedding favors. Invites WILL be done by next week because half has to come back to NYC with me.

His bachelor party is this weekend and my bridal shower is next weekend.

Next weekend while home I’ll also be doing a caterer tasting (Yay!) and cake tasting. Hopefully find my mom a dress and myself a qipao.

Hope to figure something out for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses this weekend because the VS dress did not work out!! πŸ™

Flower Girl dress 1 is being made as we speak so cross your fingers they turn out great!

And oh, find a officiant. πŸ™‚

Just basically really got to get all the DIY projects rolling!

Post # 14
28 posts

Still have A LOT to do, but it’s getting done. Slowly, but surely.  Question for everyone. When are you sending your invites?  Mine are all set and ready, we just need to address them and send ’em out into the world….

Date is August 14th, and I put an RSVP of July 12th.  When do you think I should send them?  I was thinking end of June…

Post # 15
103 posts
Blushing bee

Feeling excited, nervous, and stressed all rolled into one.  What we have done feels like a lot (although wondering what we’ve missed):

• Dress ordered (fitting in June)
  • Groom Tux ordered
  • Florist booked
  • Photographer booked
  • Ceremony & Reception Venues set
  • Rings bought
  • Favors completed
  • Invites done (sent them early due to oot guests, and I was anxious to get things going )
  • Reception centerpieces purchased
  • Table numbers designed & printed (diy)
  • Groom & oot guests hotel reserved
  • linens ordered
  • My shoes & etsy shoe clips purchased
  • Reception food set
  • Honeymoon set (FI took care of this)
  • Minister booked
  • Ceremony written

Still need to do:

1. Go over ceremony with Minister
  2. Work on seating chart (waiting for a few straggler RSVP’s)
  3. Book Bride hotel room
  4. Rent getaway car (Mustang; Fiance working on this)
  5. Pay remaining balances (yuck)
  6. Have dress fittings & pick up when complete
  7. Buy a wii, tv, & stand for video slideshow (we were going to buy them eventually anyway, may as well use it for the reception)
  8. Pick up Groom tux
  9. Hire day of coordinator (maybe)
  10. Hire hair/makeup artist (maybe)
  11. Print driving directions for Honeymoon hotels (FI working on this)
  12. Give final head count to Reception/Caterer

We don’t have a bridal party, so that is one less worry.  Wow doing this helped me to remember some things that are left to do.

Post # 16
143 posts
Blushing bee

@Ccolombo85: I think we were planning on sending our invites out on July 1.  From what I’ve heard, I think you’re supposed to wait until 4 to 6 weeks until the wedding to send them out.  I felt six might be best because it seems that it always takes people forever to respond!  πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Checking in August 2010 brides :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors