Post # 1
Hi Bees. I just got engaged on 12/30/12 and we are going on our first potnetial venue visits on Friday/Saturday. Does anyone have a good checklist or liste of questions to ask that they used when visiting? We want to make sure we ask the right questions!
Post # 3
- Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House
Off the top of my head, some that I asked were, other than total per person after tax/gratuity:
- What is the parking situation? Is valet included or do the guests have to pay?
- Where are the nearest hotels?
- Do you offer a different rate for children or people who aren’t of drinking age?
- Do you have any other events at the same time? If so how many, and how many resources do they share?
- Will someone be acting as a coordinator on the day of? If so what services do they provide?
- What kind of insurance/licenses do you require from vendors?
- Can I see a sample contract?
- Do you offer different rates for different seasons/days of the week?
- Am I guaranteed all of the spaces that you are showing me, or do I have to reserve them separately to guarantee that? If so, how much is that?
- Do you have any restrictions on the types of decorations that can be put up?
- Are the temperatures drastically different depending on the season? (ex if you’re looking at a greenhouse that will be awful in the summer)
If they are the caterer:
- How do you handle allergies?
- Do my guests pick their meal at the wedding or beforehand?
- What are the minimums I would have to be aware of?
If I think of more i’ll come back!
Post # 4
Thank you so much! Great questions
Post # 5
Here is my excel file… I used it for Venue, DJ, etc You’ll notice the 3 lines “JUly 13, 20, 27” that was to see if they were avaliable those dates so I would pick co-ordinating people 🙂