Checklist (Pic heavy), 2014 brides!

posted 3 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

All your choices are gorgeous!

You have just totally freaked the F*&% out of me!

We’re planning June 2014 ( one year from today!) and only have a venue booked!!!  Yell

Post # 5
2657 posts
Sugar bee

@FutureMrsSarah:  Wow you are doing really well on your checklist and I love your choices so far!  My date is in September 2014 too and I’ve done a fraction of what you have.  We just signed the contract for our photographer this week.  We have also decided on our backyard for the venue, so I guess you could say it’s been “booked”.  Other than working on some DIY tasks for bouquets and centerpieces, I haven’t started on any of the other major bookings yet.

Post # 7
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

My wedding is july 2014.we only have the venue booked, hoping to do the photographer this month.we r just doing wedding pictures.

Post # 8
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@FutureMrsSarah:  Oh, girl! You’re on it!

We have:

Bridal Party

Tuxes picked out and contract signed

…that’s it. I have SO much more to do!! We’re getting married May 10, 2014.

Post # 11
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Barn

@FutureMrsSarah:  Wow you have a lot done already! Looks like it’s going to be a gorgeous wedding!

We have our venue booked, a gorgeous barn location outside of town. Unfortnately no good pictures of it due to it being rainy when we first went, and I forgot my cell the second time we went Gah! But it has a gazebo outside for our ceremony, modern washrooms, a separate area for the caterer, cocktail hour and reception. The reception part has tons of twinkle lights and chandeliars – so pretty!

We also have our photographer booked, very similiar style to yours. I adore that pastal vintage type look!

I’ve been emailing back and forth with a caterer, will be meeting with him next week. We have a pretty decent idea on our menu, will obviously 100% decide upon the tasting. But he is pretty much going to get a deposit from us.

We have been in contact with a officant, will be meeting with her most likely next month.

I would have meet the last two vendors earlier but we’ve had some problems arise with our youngest dog and so we’re waiting til Monday to see how she does and whether she’ll need surgery.

For dress, I plan on trying the styles on and then ordering from Jasmines. No point in spending lots of money for a one day dress.

Flowers I plan to DIY the night before with them being from either Safeway or Costco.

For cake, my girlfriend will be making them as she’s aspiring to open up a bakery. She does amazing cakes so that works out great and saves us a lot.

Alochol, Cocktail hour and the dessert bar we can provide ourself and not have to worry about any fees.

I’ve been doing lots of DIY projects such as the corsages, lantern card box, flower girl pail and etc.

Post # 12
346 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Nice! You’re on it!

We have:

Bridal Party: 4 on each side: 2 asked/confirmed – MOH and BM

…that’s it. I have so much more to do! We are getting married Sept 27, 2014.

I started dress shopping. I believe I found my dress but “need” to still look to avoid dress regret lol

Post # 13
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Awww… I’m still waiting to be engaged and the wedding date I’d love to have is in 11 months! But I’ve alreasy booked the engagement photographer 🙂

Post # 14
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Ok I feel soooo silly to even admit this but I’m totally type A and wanted everything major booked:) I went into full planning mode after we got engaged and I’m a teacher and am trying to get the majority done this summer when I’m off since next summer my sister is getting married and I’m her MOH and we will be six months out! Plus I love to see other people’s wedding plans so ill share mine 🙂 sorry for the out of order pics-don’t know how to put them in order

*So I have the church booked and 2 out of 5 meetings done with the officiant 

*Reception venue booked and I’m in love!!! Includes catering, bar, wedding cake-inspiration pic above

*Photographer & videographer booked and e-pics done 

*Florist booked and bouquet above is my wedding inspiration pic-just for bouquets, bouts, corsages, altar pieces-DIYing the rest

*bridesmaid dresses picked

*my dress, veil, and headpiece picked and ordered 

*DJ booked

*transporatation booked

*Bridal party decided on and asked

*Website set up

*Hair and makeup artists booked

Post # 15
550 posts
Busy bee

Oh holy hannah you ladies are productive! Here’s my checklist:

Ceremony location – check!

Officiant – check!

Photographer – check! (just trying to book our engagement shots to use with a save the date cards)

Reception – check! (Same as the ceremony, love that’s it’s in an Inn!)

Music for ceremony and reception – in talks 

Dress – bought and at my folks house

Colours – check! Shades of purple with silver/gray

Bridal party – bride side – check! groom side – he knows who just hasn’t asked yet. Ack!

Honeymoom – have to book it but we know what we want

Centrepieces – working on that, I wanted fresh lilacs but they’ll be done at that point in the year. FI found candles that burn purple so we’re leaning towards that.

Ok, we may have done more than I had thought. 

Post # 16
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I love seeing all these pictures! I was excited, so we had all the major things done by February even though the wedding isn’t until next February! Sorry for all the pictures. I just love being able to share!!

Our colors are red, black, and blue

* Ceremony church booked. Just a small little chapel. We’ve already completed our pre-marital sessions which saves us $60 on our marriage license. We’ve also completed what needs to be done with the Catholic church since we’re not having a Catholic wedding, but we still want it recognized by the church (for my family). The instruments will be gone and there will be an aisle runner

* We’ve booked our reception site that takes care of all food and drinks except cake.

* We’ve booked our photographer and had our e-pics done. We hate taking pictures but had so much fun with him since we didn’t have to pose at all! 100% candid

* Hair and make up artist booked. Trial complete.

* Veil, jewelry, hair pearls, shoes, and dress are all here. Cousin will be making me a floral hair pin

* Florist booked (4 arrangements for ceremony, 3 bouqets, 9 bouts). We’ll be DIY our centerpieces.

(inspiration pic for mine)

* Cake ordered (red flowers, blue ribbon) and cake topper is already with us

* Bands are currently sitting my night stand

We are hopefully close to ordering BM dresses. We have the supplies for our DIY invites which I am still in the beginning stages of designing. We have a centerpiece inspiration, so we’ll start experimenting with those in several months. We still have to decorate our card box cage (bought from Michael’s on sale). 

I think that’s it! Hopefully I’m not missing anything.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors