CHICAGO | Room 1520 – Aeree Loft

posted 3 years ago in Chicago
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married there and they were pretty up front about costs when I asked about all the rentals.  There is always tax if they are offering a service so just expect to pay that! As far as gratuity that’s up to you. Just ask them for a walk through and go over pricing, make sure you ask about everything!!

Post # 4
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

twoprissy:  hi! my wedding is next weekend and it is at room 1520. I have been very happy with their service and feel they have been fairly upfront about costs. There was a small snafu regarding a separate charge for using a caterer that was not on their preferred list, but June was quick to make it right. 

I saw your previous post regarding cost per head. We are at about 90-100 a head. I am using Honest Foods (beyond fantastic) and going with MDM for the lighting and drapes. MDM has been great to work with. Patti responds to emails in a timely manner and you can tell she really cares about making yor wedding right for you…not just trying to upsell. I was extremely unimpressed with the event company recommended to us by Room 1520. I had to chase them down for their business and it really shouldn’t be that way. 🙂

Good luck with all your planning and congrats!

Post # 5
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Bottom Lounge

@vjs32214 Hi! When you say 90-100 a head is that just for caterering? Or are you including everything like venue fees?  

I love room 1520 but I was worried about the cost too.

Post # 6
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

freckledjasmin:  Sorry for the delay! 90-100 a head was for just the catering. The catering included tables, chairs, dinnerware, etc. I am not sure what your entire budget was, but I would be happy to discuss our numbers with you if that is helpful. Just DM me. 

I will say that the one thing that was extremely helpful in watching our cost was keeping an excel spreadsheet. I am absolutely not a numbers person and this was really good in watching our spend. Before planning, I made a sheet with the projected cost of everything from flowers to bridal party gifts. I then made an “actual” cost once I started locking down vendors. It was really easy to see where our money was going so that we didn’t feel like we were getting nickel and dimed along the way. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors