(Closed) Chicago, West & North Suburb Venues…

posted 8 years ago in Chicago
Post # 4
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Not sure if it fits your “Italian” description, but Riverside Receptions in Geneva has a pretty stone courtyard area that seems a bit Italian countryside/villa to me.  Redfield Estate is also pretty with sort of a rustic European look to it.

Maybe that’s a start, anyway.  Good luck!

Post # 6
990 posts
Busy bee

have you considered some restaurants in chicago that may fit the bill? hosting the reception in a maggiano’s? maybe a buca di beppo? Francesca’s? My reception is at DiNolfo’s in Homer Glen and it stood out to me as having a less typical banquet hall feel, I suggest checking it out.

Post # 7
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

There’s a place we looked at that sounds similar to what you are describing, it’s called European Crystal and it’s in Arlington Heights. They have the “regular” banquet rooms. But then they also have these separate rooms that are more quaint and warm & inviting, as you put it. They seem more like someone’s (large) dining room than a banquet room. I believe they even have fireplaces.

[attachment=1180495,149426] [attachment=1180495,149427]

Post # 9
19 posts
Newbee

Just want to put in a good word for Redfield Estate. We didn’t end up getting married there (our wedding was too big) but we toured it and talked to the event managers, it was absolutely beautiful and everyone we met was very nice. It’s surrounded by woods, and the house itself is gorgeous and rustic-but-not-too-rustic. Good luck with the search!

Post # 11
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mrs.Firefly1:

Maybe you can do the decor more in touch with how you want it to feel? 

Post # 13
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Have you considered Galleria Marchetti downtown?  Here is the website:

http://galleriamarchetti.com/index.aspx?loc=1&dbx=1

Be sure to check out their “Gallery” page and see photos for each venue site.  I thought this one would perk your interest, but I can’t get the pic on here because it’s copyrighted so you’ll just have to go to the website:

http://galleriamarchetti.com/gallery.aspx?loc=9&dbx=6

I can’t give you any information about pricing though.  We didn’t look at this venue, I just remember it coming up when we looked for something downtown.  I didn’t see any pricing on the website either.  Like most venues, you probably have to set up an appointment for information like that.  Hoping this is something along the lines of your dream venue!

The topic ‘Chicago, West & North Suburb Venues…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors