(Closed) Chinese & Western Fusion – Theme ideas and Decor

posted 7 years ago in East Asian
Post # 3
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am also doing a Chinese themed wedding bc my groom is Taiwnese.  We should def exchange ideas.  My colors are green and pink.  So here is what I am doing.

DIY double happiness embossed on invitation also cherry blossom on invitations

Chinese English invitation

Fan shaped programs at ceremony

DIY cherry blossom centerpieces, underwater flower centerpieces, and river rocks, and some bamboo decorations as well.

Possibly having Chinese Silk road dancers perform at my wedding (my groom does not want dragon dance)

Paper fortune cookie seating cards (or whatever theyre called)

either mini fan or double happiness cake topper

chopsticks for everyone.

If you have the option I would do a roast pig and other chinese food dishes.

I know my decor sounds a bit cheesy but only 15 ppl with actually be chinese at the wedding.  He has a small family and a lot of his family is in Taiwan and cant make the trip.

Post # 5
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hehe I meant Lion dance.  my brain is not working today.  Your ideas sound great.

Maybe you could serve tea at your reception.  I have never gotten Asian tea at a reception and I think it would be fun.  My venue does not allow outside food so I cant do that.

I also want to add brocade to something but I dont know where to add brocade.  I love brocade.  It is so beautiful. 

Another thing I am doing is having my wedding at 4:30 so that we can start our life on an upswing.  I heard from chinese.weddings.com (sister site to theknot) that this is a Chinese tradition. 

EDIT my FI and I hope we get a lot of red envelopes.  Are you doing a card box for the red envelopes?

Post # 6
3167 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

4:30, huh? that exact time or the 30 min part? that’s interesting, i assumed with the whole 4=si(å››/æ­»)=death thing it would be avoided. my FI’s white and I’m half Argentine but we met while we were living in China so we’ll want to incorporate some stuff without it being over the top. i have a couple qipaos and he has a chinese suit so maybe we’ll have some of our e-pics in them. we’ll also have the double happiness character subtly incorporated (maybe through embossing) and also some prayer flags, since we bonded while trekking through the Himalayas together. all of our touches be in softer, non-traditional Chinese colors rather than the bright stuff to keep it from getting over the top. i’m thinking we’ll have a candy bar too and have tiny takeout boxes for people to fill up with goodies. we’ll have some chinese friends and teachers probably, so i’m sure they’ll get a kick out of it!

Post # 7
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Hey, I am just like you, Chinese father, and Caucasian mother! 

I sooooo wanted to have the lion dance!! but we weren’t able to get them. 🙁

Anyway, the chinese touches i added were:

Gave out sandalwood fans for the ceremony (it was outside)

Little Chinese takeout boxes for the favors

Paper lanterns for decoration

And I changed into the Chinese red dress after the first dance (cuz I wanted to dance in my poufy dress LOL) 

Post # 8
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

FI is Taiwanese and I’m Vietnamese.  Here are a couple of things I’m doing to include the Chinese.

1. Loose leaf tea favors in the attached favor box.
  2. Invitations printed in English, Vietnamese and Chinese.
  3. Belly bands around the invites.

By the way, I ordered WAY too many of the favor boxes, so if you want to buy some from me I’d be happy to send them your way! Laughing

[attachment=1328480,169158] [attachment=1328480,169159]

Post # 10
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@Lassroyale: I have 10 extra packs of 24 and paid $4 a pack, so how about $35 plus shipping?

The topic ‘Chinese & Western Fusion – Theme ideas and Decor’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors