- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2008
We are completely torn between three songs. So, y’all can choose. Some background:
“Crazy Love”-Van Morrison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vS8GKcl9KQ
- Truly the first song that was “ours” and very special to us.
- Slower, less “joyous” sounding
- Unique and we both love it
“How Sweet It Is”–James Taylor version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG4fdcApuK4
- Another song that through the years has been special to us
- One of our favorite memories is a James Taylor concert we went to–danced to this song on the lawn and had a great time
- Feels more “generic” to me, but I do love it. Also, it was used in a friends wedding (I think for their cake cutting) which I know isn’t a huge deal to most peoplem but for some reason it kinda irks me
- Fiance loves it, but agrees it may be slightly played out and generic sounding. We both want something unique.
“If Not For You”–George Harrison version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxO0t9ClfrI
- Not necessarily one of “our” songs. When I first heard it, I immediately pictured us dancing to it.
- Isn’t as special as the other two, but I think the message is so sweet and first-dance appropriate
- Happy and joyful sounding
- Doesn’t have much significance for him, but he still thinks it’s a good song.
So we turn to the impartial WB for your valuable input and votes 🙂