Post # 1
I don’t know what to do…
I booked my venue for May 12, 2012, but today we went to our Church and they are booked solid that day. There is another church that we could be married in, however 2 sets of our friends have both been married at that church within the past 2 years and they both had the same reception hall as us.
So my options are to stick with May 12, 2012 and go with the same church our friends used…
Change our date to May 26, 2012, and stick with our original church choice.
What would you do? We haven’t told many people the original May 12th date (only about 10)
My only fear is that May 12th will come and it’ll be a gorgeous day and I’ll be all bummed out!
Post # 3
You just have to decide which venue is more important to you, the church or the reception space. I don’t think it matters if you know friends who had the same places. Every wedding is different and unique. Don’t let that influence your decision.
Post # 4
If the date isn’t that important to you, I’d change it. We ended up doing that. We didn’t actually book anything until we knew that both venue and Rabbi were open, but we had to keep going back and forwarth to figure out a good date for everybody. We started out thinking about getting married in April, and ended up Feb. 28th.
Post # 5
You’ll have to decide what is more important to you – the church or the venue. Before you make the decision, make sure you meet the requirements for the new church to marry you before you start switching everything around!
Edit: if there are other must-haves (a specific DJ, baker, photographer, etc) you may want to find out their availability before you set a date.