(Closed) CINCO de MAYO 2012!!

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

That’s my date too!! It also happens to be Kentucky Derby Day, which is why I have picked that day. Yay date twin!

Post # 4
1006 posts
Bumble bee

It’s my date too!!! My BM’s first reaction was “you’re getting married on Cinco de Mayo?” but I don’t care. It’ll be in Savannah, GA which really doesn’t get any more crazy than usual on that day so I’m not worried about it.

And it’s easy to remember!

Post # 6
94 posts
Worker bee

5/5/12 for me too! FI wanted April because the wildflowers may be in fuller bloom then, but April weather is too unpredictable. I wanted 5/12/12, but it’s Mother’s Day weekend, and my sister graduates from college on 5/19, which means I would have to either put off my honeymoon or skip her graduation. We ultimately decided on 5/5 for weather, scheduling conflicts, and because it’s easy to remember! No venue problems because we’re marrying at FI’s dad’s ranch!

Post # 8
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

This was my original date – and we were totally going with a Cinco de Mayo theme that was going to be awesomely fun. Lol. If any of you ladies are doing that, I got a TON of great ideas on a thread I posted if you want to search. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyways, have fun! Lol.

Post # 9
19 posts
Newbee

5/5/12 over here too!! We are doing margaritas as our signature cocktail for the cinco de mayo vibe and encouraging ladies to wear Derby-style hats for cocktail hour. My mom already bought hers – she is so excited for the hats! Dad keeps saying he is going to wear a Sombrero. LOL! 

@Scadadle and @Mysunshine – Agreed that hopefully it will be easy to remember!!! We both totally let our 5 year dating anniversary slip by this year -we had gotten engaged about 3 weeks before and were too wrapped up in that to remember. 

BTW – I had some trouble finding a florist because it was “too close” to Mothers Day. Anyone else experience this? Can’t imagine if we had chosen 5/12… 

Post # 10
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

We also ended up with Cinco de Mato by pure happenstance. Our initial plan was for May 17, but due to a near revolt on both sides of the family for considering a Thursday (the horror!), we just went with the first Saturday of May.

Super happy we did in the end!

Post # 11
63 posts
Worker bee

We actually wanted June 2th, 2012 at first, since that weekend is a long weekend in the UK because of bank holidays but since one of the groomsmen who is in Australia, will be flying in during the beginning of May, we decided to shift the wedding to May 5th, 2012 instead so he won’t have to fly in twice in such a short space of time.

One more benefit of having it on 05.05 is not to confuse our American & Malaysian guests!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

[Americans write their dates month first, then day. The reverse is true for Malaysians]

Post # 12
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

That is my date, too!

It’s my  uncles birthday as well, I hope he doesn’t mind!

Yay for ots of date twins!

Post # 13
56 posts
Worker bee

That’s my date too Cinco de Weddingo and can’t wait ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
3 posts
Wannabee

My date as well! =)

I’m actually using margarita glasses in my centerpieces, so it kinda has a theme. Even though I would have used the glasses no matter what the date, just because I love they way they look and have come up with really cute candle ideas for them! But I can just have people thinking it was planned that way. =)

Post # 15
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

This is my date too!  We avoided 5/12 (my Mom’s bday/Mother’s Day weekend!) and 5/19 since it was the birthday of one of my intended bridesmaids & the fiance of my maid of honor!  We also didn’t want Memorial Day weekend so that left CINCO DE MAYO! 

One of my friends joked that we should have a pinata….I thought it was kinda a cute/funny idea!  I don’t know if I’ll do it though. 

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MySunshine:  I live out in Cottonwood and this ranch is just a few miles from my house.  I saw your post and thought that maybe since your wedding is still a ways away, maybe you could look into this place since you expressed interest in a ranch wedding.  I do not know anything about this place and I’m not affiliated with it at all. I’ve just seen it driving by and it looks beautiful.

http://www.thejblranch.com/Events_Page.html

The topic ‘CINCO de MAYO 2012!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors