(Closed) Civil Ceremony next Friday! (12/14) Help!

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Congratulations! Take a look at your living room and see where the best place for photos would be based on lighting, shape of the room, etc. If you have options on hand for matching decor (curtains, decorative pillows, that sort of thing), you can create a subtle “look” that way. Those are some ideas that came quickly to my head. Good luck!

Post # 4
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@swimcat14:  I did! It was at my husband’s mom’s house. It was so simple, with just a few family members, but it was the sweetest thing ever! His mom even bought us a little cake!

We took some pictures, and I love them! Since it wasnt in our house, we didnt do anything to the space.

Post # 5
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it sounds absolutely perfecrt.  I don’t know what decor is needed other than you two. I think it will be wonderfull.  Just embrace the moment and love one anotner.   

Simple decor.    Lots of candles.  What is prettier than candles (and economical).  

No matter what you decide this is your day to rememberer. Congrats.

Post # 6
317 posts
Helper bee

@swimcat14:  I’ve never seen any real photos of a living room wedding, but we’re currently planning to elope on our backyard deck next summer and I’m in the same boat as you because i i need to figure out a back up plan to move it to our living room in case it rains. I like the idea of an evening candlelit ceremony for a living room wedding and maybe some fresh flowers and rose petals for decor. Or some white string lights if you have a mantle or stairway to decorate. You could also do a Christmas type theme since we’re so close to Christmas.Would love to see some pics if anyone has any other ideas.

The topic ‘Civil Ceremony next Friday! (12/14) Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors