(Closed) C’mon January 2012 bees!

posted 7 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I can’t believe there is just 7 months to go – time goes so fast!

We have sort of been in a low wedding planner mode recently but lately I am starting to get back into it.  I got my wedding ring today (FI got his the 1st time we went looking months ago!) and we have decided on a florist.

I think FI is getting a bit over it, we went and spoke to the florist together and decided on white hydrangea centerpieces at the reception, then today FI saw some white hydrangeas and I said that is what we are having and he said yuck I hate those.  

Silly boy, he was there at the meeting!  I honestly don’t think he knows what he likes, I think because he saw them looking not that nice in a big pile in someone’s unkept garden that we walked past. I think they will look lovely in white vases!

@Evie19: How are your plans coming along? Would love to hear how everyone else is getting along too!

Post # 5
822 posts
Busy bee

Do you have both dresses or are you deciding between which ones to get?  Have you posted pictures of them?

Haha yeah with everything else my FI just says yes, thats nice too!

I think I will leave the flowers for now, the florist said we can decide closer to the time, I honestly don’t think he will even notice what they are on the day!  I will show him nice ones in vases so he knows what they look like, but at the end of the day he said I can do it how I want so thats good!

Post # 7
417 posts
Helper bee

Hey girls, kinda new to this board but I am getting married January 28th.  planning has been fun…kinda. I have my venue, reception, officiant, photographer, florist ( Future MIL is a florist which has helped tremendously!!), BM’s have their dresses, I have the room for after the wedding… and now I am trying to decide on the honeymoon… Oh, and I need stationary..which isnt going as easy as I thought. I have no idea what I want!   I am still decising what other color I want to add… I am doing Navy blue for the girls dresses but i would like another color added. 

Post # 9
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I feel like I need at least another year to plan LOL. It seems we are now doing two weddings with two different themes. I just started all my DIY projects today for my winter wonderland wedding. Thank God it will be the smaller wedding of the two. Still haven’t chosen a dress. I honestly have less done for my winter wonderland wedding than I do for my whimsical/vintage wedding next June.

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee

Hello, ladies!

I’m completely new here (well, a new member anyway…I’ve been browsing this site for about a year :P) and I thought I would finally officially check in with some brides that are working with the same time-frame that I am.

Where exactly are ya’ll in the planning stages? I feel like I’m so behind, but I don’t know if it is humanly possible to move any faster! Thank goodness for my teacher-schedule…having the summer off to get most of my to-do list checked off is very reassuring.

Also, I was curious…what are your themes/colors? Almost everyone I talk to says two things: “You’re getting married in JANUARY? Wouldn’t you rather wait until Spring? It’d be better then” and “good luck…I can’t think of any color scheme that would ‘go with’ a January wedding”. I (obviously) don’t agree with those comments because A.) January in Texas isn’t terrible and B.) I think an “ivory & evergreen” palette with touches of black and “pearl” is classic and fitting in January…but I just wanted to see what directions ya’ll were heading in regards to colors, themes, flowers, etc. 

Post # 11
11 posts
Newbee

oh…and nzgirl and Evie19…I picked my wedding ring up from the jeweler about a month ago as well! ๐Ÿ™‚ I absolutely love it. 

Post # 13
10 posts
Newbee

Hi! This is my first post but I’ve been looking at the website for a few months. My fiance and I have been together almost 7 years, so I didn’t want a long engagment and he didn’t propose early enough for my ideal fall wedding, so we decided on a winter wedding. With just a month of planning we already have the venue, photographer, dress, possibly the DJ and caterer (meeting with them soon). However, I’m struggling with flowers. What are some good winter flowers? We’re also not sure about colors. Maybe blue (light and dark?), ivory, silver, white? Any tips?

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee

Hello everyone.  I’m new to this website.  I’ve been using theKnot, but lately it really hasn’t been that helpful so I went looking elsewhere. 

I’m also a type-A planner so I’ve already got almost everything done or ordered.  My wedding date is 1/7/12.  I’ve got my entire look bought and taken care of, just finished creating and addressing wedding invites this last weekend.  The venue, cake, photographer and officiant are all booked and partially paid for.  The food is planned and taken care of.  I just got my flower in a few weeks ago since we went with silk. We also have our rings.

I completely agree that you can make an color scheme work in January.  I originally wanted a dark green and dark purple but we ended up going with a marine blue, silver and white. 

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

Hi I am new to this website too I was also using theKnot and find it useless now. So I joined this one after looking around and finding helpful things. I am getting married 1/21/2012 at the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset, MA. It is a big barn all wood and rustic so beautiful I love it! I am another type-A planner. 

dress, veil, and shoes done

DJ, Photographer, food, cake, flowers

still waiting for bridesmaids sample dresses to come in so I can pick them out

I just picked up my wedding band love it want to wear it already haha

My color scheme is a deep blue, orange, with a touch of silver/white

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee

@Evie19: thanks for the tips! My wedding binder came with a time-line and check list that I’ve modified with a book that I got from TheKnot…so apparently I wasn’t giving myself enough credit in the organization area. haha. …and your color scheme sounds GORGEOUS! 

I’m not really a “type A” planner, but I have managed to get a lot done. It sounds like I’m not as behind as I thought I was. ๐Ÿ˜› I have booked the church, reception venue, officiant, organist and DJ. Luckily, catering and all rentals (linens, tables, place settings, etc.) are all included with the reception venue. My mom’s cousin is a florist, so things are ok there (although I haven’t met with him about specifics yet…we’ve emailed ideas/photos back and forth and have a general idea. We’ll be meeting next month). My color scheme is black, ivory, and evergreen with touches of pearlescent shimmer….so flowers should be fairly simple. We also have a few photographers in the family, so I lucked out in that area as well. I’ve picked a color (black) and material for my bridesmaids’ dresses and the girls all have appointments to try on/select their dresses in the next few weeks. I’ve picked out their gifts and I’ve started ordering them little by little…I don’t want to overwhelm my bank account. My dress is in, and the first alteration is scheduled. I have my shoes, but I haven’t decided on a veil yet. 

Next on my agenda are the cake and stationary. I have appointments for both early next week. I’m planning on discussing hair and makeup this weekend/next week with a couple salons. I live in a small town, with a low-demand on those kinds of things, so I was told by my hair stylist not to worry about scheduling issues (especially in January). I also need to drag my fiance to some stores to register sometime in the very near future…we just keep putting that on the back-burner for some strange reason. :

I guess I’ve got most of the big things taken care of, but now it’s the little things that I’m starting to worry about. 

The topic ‘C’mon January 2012 bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors