(Closed) Cocktail Hour..??- $2000.00 Rental

posted 8 years ago in Reception
  • poll: What should I do about the cocktail hour?
    You paid for planner and she should try to negotitate the rate : (4 votes)
    67 %
    Suck it up, sounds like a good deal for Atlanta and you are using it for an hour : (1 votes)
    17 %
    Just use your reception dinner space : (1 votes)
    17 %
    Look for a different venue all together untl you get everything you want : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    503 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

why can’t you have the cocktail hour in the outdoor garden?

Post # 4
    762 posts
    Busy bee

That seems weird that the cocktail area for an hour is more than the reception area. I might skip if if she can’t negotiate the price. Does that price include an open bar or something?

Post # 5
    5655 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

I’d definitely talk to my planner about all possible options in this space.

I could see paying a fee but see if she can get it worked down… especially since you won’t have it all evening…. although be ready for the price not to budge considering your use is in the evening meaning it’s unlikely that the venue could rent it to anyone else/meet their needs.

And then if they don’t budge on the price then just use the reception space. Maybe you could set it up so that you have like a cocktail/lounge area. hope that helps =)

Post # 6
    2695 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

Well the reason they are charging so much is because if you book the cabana and garden areas then they can’t book those areas for another event.  Even if you are only using it for an hour of time, they lose because they could have rented it to another event.  So you have two options, pay for it or don’t by not using it.  We did our cocktail hour in the same room as our reception.

Post # 8
    762 posts
    Busy bee

@vintage2010: Oh, I see. I’m thinking of something like my venue, where they can’t really have two events going on at once.

Post # 9
    3176 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

It could also be helpful for you to look at it in terms of what you want to spend overall. If your venue budget is 5k max this is a great option.

The topic ‘Cocktail Hour..??- $2000.00 Rental’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors