Coming in 2014, but too early to get excited yet?

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee

My SO and I are buying our first home next year  Smile

I know he wants to propose this year…but I have no idea when but I know he has looked at rings.  He actually had us looking up venues online last night and even went so far as to research cost per person for the places he is interested in.  Its funny because HE is the one doing all the wedding stuff…he even told me this morning that he thinks he will cry at our wedding which would actually surprise me since SO is not that kind of person (I have never seen him cry).

Yes I do think a proposal is on the way, but we are kind of in the same boat..could be next week, next month, December? Who knows.. sigh… it’s exciting tho isn’t it?  The not knowing…but kinda knowing. 

Hang in there…it’s hard.. but it just gives us more time to enjoy being their girlfriends Laughing

Post # 4
317 posts
Helper bee

It’s never too early enjoy every moment

Post # 5
1400 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@missgrace91:  It’s a little soon, but a proposal might be coming sooner than you think 🙂 just don’t be *too* disappointed if it’s not till December! But I think that’s unlikely.

It sounds like he’s already figured out how to pay for your ring, and possibly already purchased it, so I think he’s figuring you can decide how long of an engagement you want after he proposes.

FI originally told me he’d propose in 2013, and when we’d been talking about it for a while, I admitted that I’d be disappointed if it didn’t happen before October. He was hinting at summer, but in an attempt to surprise me (which didn’t work out but it was perfect anyways), he did it in March. 🙂

Anyways, pre-congratulations on your engagement and your house!

Post # 7
2169 posts
Buzzing bee

@missgrace91:  I don’t think it’s ever too early to get excited and look forward to something…unless somehow that means you’re setting yourself up for disappointment, which doesn’t seem to be the case here. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors