1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Bump

Post # 4
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

If a cone biopsy is the same as a LEEP, then you have no need to worry.  I had a LEEP in Aug and got pregnant in Dec. (of the same year) 🙂  Good luck!

Post # 5
2111 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

A LEEP and Cone Biopsy are not the same! But similar… I just posted on a LEEP. I’ll go find the post.

Post # 9
144 posts
Blushing bee

I had a cone biopsy years ago and had the same exact fears as you. The doctor kept reassuring me that it shouldn’t complicate a future pregnancy. He was right! We’re due in April. 

My thoughts are with you. I know it’s scary. Most important thing is that you get healthy now. That’s not something you want to leave and “wait and see.” Then everything will be ideal when you’re ready to start your family. Good luck!

Post # 11
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I know this post is 2 years old, but instead of creating a new post I thought I would just bump this one. Anyone else have experience with this?? Did anyone have abnormal cells return following their cone leep? Thanks!

Post # 12
2682 posts
Sugar bee

I had a cone biopsy and a LEEP done in 2009 and was very worried about the same thing.  I am now 18 weeks pregnant – my OBGYN did a cervical exam and will do it throughout the pregnancy to make sure everything is good but the last one I had went great, she called and said I had a cervix of steel and the length is perfect.  Worst case scenario, if yours was shortened you can get a cerclage (sp?) to help hold the baby.  My SIL had that with both her pregnancies and everything was great.

MissGeeBee – I didnt have any abnormal cells return but I did have follow up tests done every 6 months to make sure I didnt have any abnormal resutls.  Just last year my doctor said I can go back to getting a pap only once a year.

The topic ‘Cone Biopsy & Pregnancy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors