Post # 1
I admit: i haven’t been to many weddings and it’s been AWHILE..sooooo i can’t visualize a bunch of things:
* Our 4 years old will be the ringbearer. She will walk with my other daughter (bridesmaid) just before i go down the aisle with my grandfather (neer the line of chairs my dad will go with me the rest of the way). What will the ringbearer do with the w-bands??Give it to the groom’s bestman? Or give it to the groom (her dady!)??? Confused!!
* What do I do with the bouquet while i am holding both FI’s hands in mine and while we sign our names??? Lay it on the table? Give it to my sister (MOH) to hold it for me???
* Who first enters the venue for the meal?? The bride and groom (ok, now husband and wife!) or the guests so that we can have some quiet moments with our photographer???
Post # 3
Not sure about the rings as we aren’t having a ring bearer, the best man will just have them. but for the bouquet your Maid/Matron of Honor will hold it for you. Your guests should enter the venue first so that you and the wedding party can make a grand entrance. Talk to your Officiant (or priest or JOP or whomever your using) and your DJ or band and I’m sure they can clarify the order of events and details!
Post # 4
Just received an e-mail from the Venue PR – the guests will enter first so that the bride and groom will have a great welcoming!
As for the rings..humm..i think it’s sooo sweet if our littlegirl gives the w-bands to her dad……..
Bouquet – check! Thank you!!!!
Post # 5
What we may plan on doing:
1) FI’s 9-year-old nephews will each hold a wooden box, that contains our rings, and give them to the nearest standing Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen. Then the boys will go sit down.
2) Either the Bridesmaid or Best Man holding the ring box or another Bridesmaid or Best Man will hold my bouquet.
3) The guests will enter first, to allow you for pictures. Then the wedding party, and then husband and wife.
Post # 6
– Don’t give the actual rings to your 4-year-old. Bad things will happen. The Best Man can hold both or just the one the groom puts on you, and the Maid/Matron of Honor can hold the one you’re putting on him.
– Your Maid/Matron of Honor can hold your bouquet.
– Typically the guests go into the venue first, but I’m wrestling with this as well. I want some nice shots of us in the venue BEFORE we make our grand entrance, but we’d have to haul it to the venue to get there before the guests, haha.
Post # 7
Often the rings that the ring bearer carries are fake, as little children are much too prone to curiosity. They may untie them and lose them, or lose the whole pillow.
The Maid/Matron of Honor carries the grooms wedding band and the Bridesmaid or Best Man carries the bride’s.
You give your bouquet to the Maid/Matron of Honor.