Conservative Bees… Who Are You Keeping An Eye On for 2016?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
8850 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@Mrs_Amanda:  I am the furthest thing from a conservative, but I do really like following politics.  These are some interesting choices… I wonder if Christie is too moderate to win a GOP primary.  Condi Rice would be great for the GOP in terms of the obvious race/gender thing, but I also wonder if she could win a primary for those very reasons…  Curious, who are you thinking would be a good candidate AND could get into the general election?

Post # 4
1241 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@Mrs_Amanda:  My SO is heavily conserative, and he’s already on the Rand Paul bandwagon. We’ll see how that goes.

Post # 5
4879 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Ted Cruz.  Love him.  So far.

Post # 6
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Mrs_Amanda:  I am pretty moderate as politics go and I am pretty convinced that while Christie would be the better moderate pick, the GOP is much more likely to choose Rubio or Ryan (although Ryan should probably sit it out until 2020 to distance from the 2012 election a bit more.) Jeb is interesting because I am from Florida but I’m not convinceed that the GOP will support another Bush.  As for Condi, I don’t think the GOP is ready for that sex/race deviation any time soon.

Post # 8
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

What I really hate about politics is that someone can sound SO GREAT when running and then just give everyone the middle finger when they actually get into office.

Post # 9
1549 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Definitely not Chris Christie. We tried the “moderate” approach with Mitt Romney and a million something registered republicans stayed home because voting for him was just “better then obama” so they couldn’t in their right mind vote for someone who went against their ideals. We need a TRUE conservative that actually has the guts to stand up to the media. And preferably not a “politician for life”. Politicians are screwed up (on both parties) we need someone who will do whats right, follow the constitution and stop trying to impress ppl… just be REAL.

We need NEW faces- not people who have been consistently mocked by the liberal media for 20 years. That means not Jeb Bush. Unfortunately theres just too much of a negative undertone with bush. Ofcourse I’d say the same thing about “clinton’s” but that never scared the democrats. So who knows. And ya know Marco Rubio is clearly no good because he took a drink of water *sarcastic eye roll*.

I’m with Rand Paul or Ted Cruz so far… actually id still like to see herman cain but thats not gna happen.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors