- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2014
Sorry in advance for the long post…
I’ve had a really rough time with my future sis-in-law’s wedding (my future brother-in-law’s fiancee) to the point that I’m considering just not even going. Her high $$ tastes ($30,000+ wedding for less than 100 people!) and controlling, entitled attitude have been a living hell for my fiancé and our family, all just because she wants to have her dream wedding. Some of the antics include:
1. Picking the most expensive tux rental possible. Throws tantrum when my fiancé (who had been laid off) complains about the cost of the tux.
2. Insulting her future mother-in-law. Calls future sis-in-law to complain about the situation, Future Sister-In-Law sides with her mom, bridezilla kicks Future Sister-In-Law out of wedding party.
3. I get in a fight w/bridezilla’s FH, say some things I shouldn’t, apologize, and move on. She calls a week later saying that my “apology isn’t good enough.” Also calls my fiancé and tells him that she feels sorry for him for being with me.
4. Scheduling her wedding on a Friday. Throws tantrum when people can’t take off work.
5. My fiancé works hourly so he either loses a bunch of money on top of paying for the tux. She doesn’t care and throws tantrum that he would even consider missing the wedding because we can’t afford it (we just bought a house, so money’s a little tight right now).
6. Future Sister-In-Law (when reinstated as a bridesmaid) is told bridesmaid dress is $400. Refuses to pay for dress, gets kicked out of wedding unless she can come up with the money. Her FH pays for bridesmaid dress for his sister as well as extra money to pay his sister to stay in the wedding… as long as nobody tells the bridezilla what her FH is doing.
I’ve talked to her about it, and so has my Future Sister-In-Law and FMIL… it feels like she’s losing sight of the fact that we’re becoming her family. She has been so insulting and rude to all of us that none of us really want to go to the wedding and we’re concerned that my future brother in law is making a HUGE mistake in settling down with this nightmare of a person. The two of them have really nasty fights in public, especially one screaming match in a restaurant in front of the whole family (super embarrassing!)
Thing is… my future brother in law is a really great person. We all love him to pieces, and want to be there to support him. But… I just feel like I can’t bring myself to attend that wedding. It has been such a disaster from the start. Plus, it burns a vacation day which I could use for my own wedding. I’m about 70% I’m not going at this point.
Am I in the wrong for not going?