Post # 1
I could of sworn I saw a thread about this before I can’t figure out where. Anyway, my FI and I have (FINALLLY) decided on a venue to hold our wedding and reception and I was just wondering should I contact the other places we looked at to let them know? Some of these places we visited like over a month and a half ago and I haven’t communicated with them since touring the venue so I don’t know what the proper ettiquitte is . Thanks ahead for any advice!
Post # 3
i would say that if you haven’t communicated with them in over a month, they’ve already written you off and you don’t need to call them. we actually have to give our final decision tomorrow–we put a 5 day hold on dates at 3 places–so i think i will give the places we don’t go with a courtesy call to release the date. is it weird that i dread doing that though? i loved the people we met with at each venue and i feel like i’m letting them down. which is ridiculous because they are all in-demand places and will undoubtedly book that date quickly for someone else. anyways, i’d say you only need to call places that you put a formal hold on a date at.
Post # 4
I didn’t reach out to all of them because we saw so many places….if they did email me I did write them back….I did contact the ones I had put a hold on as well..