(Closed) Cost for hair & make-up?

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

that is a lot. Have you asked your regular stylist? Since my (amazing) gal knows my hair and i trust her i don’t need to do a trial and it is saving me $$$!

Post # 4
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I think it will depend a lot on your area, so maybe if you post your general location other people can give you more accurate answers.  I’m in CA in a touristy area.  To have my hair and make-up done by a woman who used to work in LA on tv/movie sets, it was $120.00.  I could’ve gotten it cheaper, but I liked her and her credentials.

Post # 5
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

For the bride, where I go starts at $150.00, and is less expensive for the other girls in your wedding party. If you want them to do it somewhere besides the salon, it’s double.

Post # 6
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

That sounds about right to me (less than what I have found in this area).  For past weddings, it has cost me almost 100 just to get my hair done (as a bridesmaid…)  I think it really depends on your region and what type of salon you are looking at.

Post # 7
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I definitely think it depends on your area. I am in an expensive area, and I will be having someone come to me, but I can’t find someone to do do just HAIR for under 120, much less hair & makeup. So I really think it depends on your location. Call around and ask other salons, even if you aren’t planning on going to them, so you can get an idea of what the industry charges in your area. This will help you figure out if the cost you were given is average, or if your salon is over charging.

Post # 8
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

I just booked my MUA last night, she charges $125 including the trial for the bride and $50 for each additional person.  She doesn’t do hair.

Post # 9
596 posts
Busy bee

It depends on where you live – $120/person for hair and makeup is a really good price for where I am!

Post # 10
17 posts
Newbee

Yes $120 is a bargain for where i live her in New York City. It definitely depends on your location. The prices in NYC usually start at $150 for a bride and for bridesmaids it starts at $75. To have hair done would be an additional $50 +.

Like BeachbrideT said, call around your area and find out what they charge to determine if you are getting a good deal or not.

Good Luck!

Post # 11
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

At my salon in a big city, it’s $150 for the bride’s hair/makup and $100 for other peoples’ hair/makeup. And that doesn’t include the trial!

Post # 12
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

yeah $150 is standard wher eI live, I hope to get a friend’s rate with a hair stylist me and my FI became friends with on a Carribean cruise, we hung out in NYC and he works at John Barnett on 5th Avenue, good luck to me!

Post # 13
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

My bridal make up and hair cost $500 and my wedding party cost $200/each.  That’s from a reasonably priced stylist in my area.  I have known brides who paid $1,200 and $500 for each person in the wedding party.  Consider yourself lucky you live where you live?

Post # 14
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

It’s a little high but  if you consider the fact that it covers hair and makeup, it could be okay for your area? Around where I’ll be married, a wedding updo seems to average around $75 and makeup can run from $30-50, more if you’re the bride. I would also inquire if this price includes a trial or if the cost of the trial goes into your final total. And I’m pretty sure if you’re looking for a MUA to come onsite to you, that will be a little more pricey than doing it in a salon. You could try to negotiate down a little for your wedding party if you know their hair/makeup won’t be as involved as yours?

Post # 15
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Wow. Glad I popped this open–I had no idea it would be that much!

Post # 16
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

My salon is $100 each girl for makeup/hair which is cheaper than when I was in wedding a year ago. It was $120 plus tip.

The topic ‘Cost for hair & make-up?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors