Post # 1
I’m wedding is on July 5th. Everyone I talk to says I’m really organized. Example, I sent a list of items I needed to rent to the party rental place. I asked her if she thought I had missed anything? She told me she thought I could be an event planner lol (we can’t afford a wedding planner so were DIYing). The thing is I feel as if I have nothing done. Is this crazy? I’m FI is working long hrs right now so I’m basically doing everything myself. I haven’t been able to ask anyone for help because all parents, wedding party and family members live hours away. Were getting married in the town we live in. Has anyone else experienced this?
Post # 2
I’m in a similar situation myself, I’m doing everything myself however I have a few months to go (sep 20) I feel like I have done nothing! I have spreadsheets and lists etc but I still worry that ill miss something or forget! I think it’s probably a normal thing with brides though I mean for me at least I haven’t done this before so I’m sure it’s just normal stress and you probably don’t have anything to worry about!
Have you got a list of what you have/haven’t done? Maybe if you post it we can suggest if there’s something maybe missing? 🙂
Post # 3
jennie.elliott2: hi there, we are date twins! What have you got left to do still? we have:
– final fitting for dress
– give final numbers to caterers
– find gifts for our parents
– wedding rehearsal and go through duties with our wedding party
– make sure all our service providers are paid
– write out place cards. Luckily my mum’s friend is doing this for me!
– pick up hired suits for the men
– last minute things such as buying flowers, putting up decorations, packing for wedding night etc.
hope this helps! 🙂
Post # 4
I know exactly how you feel! My wedding is coming up very shortly and I have everything done, but my mind is constantly buzzing with things, what if questions, and me thinking I could have forgotten something. I’m constantly making lists of things to do, schedules, and whatever else. You probably DO have it all together, but I know what helped me from the beginning is I found a wedding planning book at the book store when I first got engaged. Some of the things in it don’t apply to me, but there are some really good worksheets in there. Also, I packed up the decorations, etc into boxes labeled rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception, that way I know what boxes to have where and when.
Post # 5
Audrey2: Both July 5th that’s funny 🙂 We are having a small wedding of 40 ppl. Even though I’m feeling I have nothing done at least it’s a smaller event. But even still there are so many details! As suggsted by catherinedarcy: Here’s what I have left to do (I think!):
- pick-up dress (will do tomorrow)
- confirm with photographer details previously discussed
- Call my hairstylist and arrange to show her my veil & payment details
- buy ipod
- apply for liquor licence (FI will do tomorrow)
- order all liquor (FI will do)
- apply for marriage licence
- complete floor plan for reception (required)
- complete timeline for day of
- gift for groomsmen?
- gift for SIL
- get invoice for cake & arrange drop off time
- pick up suit rentals (FI will do this on the way to pick up my bro @ airport)
- “deli trays” for the reception (FI will do)
- ask someone to drive “us girls” to ceremony
- complete various DIY (refer to my list)
I actually have more to do than I thought! Granted some of these things are small and won’t take long. I forgot about the marriage licence lol but this is an easy process where we live. The wedding is not super formal so there are some things that are traditional that we have decided not to do. Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated…
Post # 6
jennie.elliott2: you sound like you have it under control! Most of those things are small and won’t take long!
I would make a list of every the you will need for the day of (and who will be responsible for it if required)
i also have a list of contacts of everyone that has an important job on the day, from the bridal party to the priest, people doing a reading to the vendors like the cake flowers hairdresser photographer etc.
I also have a copy of the guestlist with their RSVP, dietary requirements and seat number along with a layout of the room/tables and seating arrangements. For the decorations I have photos of mock ups ontop of boxes of decorations required for that particular thing (like ceremony or table decor) along with a list of what decorations are included in each box.
Stuff like this makes me stress less about the actual day so that other people will know exactly what’s going on so I won’t have to stress on the day haha!!
Hope this heaps a little! 🙂