(Closed) Creative Bride & Groom “Send offs”

posted 9 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

We changed clothes (because we left from the reception to the airport to Jamaica). I wore a track suit that said Bride on the back of the jacket and my husband wore a t-shirt that said "property of the bride".  When we walked back into the reception our DJ played Bob Marley "is this love"  — our guests ended up forming a circle around us and we dance a little bit, then we made a conga line out to the getaway car!  Lot’s of fun!

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

One of our friends did Alabama and Auburn pom-poms for theirs. They made a big deal of the "house divided" thing (they’re major rival teams, groom likes one, bride likes other), so it was cute. (The grooms cake was a HUGE AL symbol with an itty-bitty Auburn corner and said "house divided" or something like that, they also used AL’s fight song for their recessional.) So if either of you care about sports teams, or even just can find pom-poms in your colors, it’s an option. Not necessarily my favorite option ever (it was kind of weird as a guest), but throwin it out there.

Post # 5
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@calioteach – I love the conga line!  so fun!!

How about bells or bubbles?  Or some kind of Kazoo like party sound thingy (like on new years).  Personally, I love the sparkeler idea.  It kind of scares me too but I haven’t heard any horror stories yet.

Post # 6
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

My bridesmaids organized an amazing send-off for us as a surprise! They got all the guests lined up by the entrance and each guest held a candle. The walkway was lined with handmade paper bag votives. After the last dance, they announced that all guests were to go to the front entrance and the bridesmaids made sure we stayed behind in the ballroom. When they finally let us walk out, everything was set up. All our friends and family were cheering for us as we walked out to our limo. It was completely amazing. We were stunned! You can see it at the very end of our wedding film here:

http://www.wellspunweddings.com/final_smcdowell.htm

Post # 7
7054 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I did bubbles…back in 1996 when I married my x..when bubbles first came out.  Good pics but it’s done a lot.

I like the sparklers.  Cute for beach and summery and outdoor.

I also like rose petals too.

Calio, you send off was adorable.

Just brainstorm, that’s the best thing you can do.  Get creative.  I want to try to do something very different.  If we have it at the local countryclub where my family lives, we can escape via boat (my bro in law’s)!

Post # 8
397 posts
Helper bee

I want to do sparklers.  But I am also nervous about ruining rented tuxes, etc.  Still deciding as well….

Post # 9
742 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I want to do Sparklers also, but our venue said no but we are going to ask again since we really want them!

Post # 10
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Yeah, our venue won’t allow sparklers, bubbles, rice, petals, etc. etc. etc. (Basically nothing that can be thrown, burn, or get chemicals on stuff)

We’re still not sure what we’re going to do either, if we do anything….but this idea is sorta cute:

http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/08/17/sayin-it-with-a-flag/

Post # 11
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

We’re just doing bubbles because our venue doesn’t allow anything that requires cleanup.  And we won’t have too many guests, so I think bubbles will look cute without looking sparse.  I also think the kids will love them. 

As for cute sendoffs…one wedding I went to as a kid the bride and groom walked through a "gauntlet" where the guests stuck dollar bills to them.  It was cute, and I was a little young to remember details, but I think they used tape…

Post # 12
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Something easy and cute that requires no purchases (and no cleanup!) would be to have everyone stand in two lines, facing eachother, and lean over the walkway, with arms outstretched above, holding the hands of the person across from them – create a human arch to run under!  It might seem a bit silly but I bet it could be cute! 🙂  Plus, think of  the fun photos from ‘under the canopy of arms’ – you’d get great face shots of all those people as you come past.

If you have any desire for it to be loud, consider noise makers, or those clapping hands like you get at sporting events…possibly party horns that unroll like at New Years. 

I was considering throwing plain (unsalted, unbuttered) popcorn at mine – the reception is an old theatre.  I also considered a ‘paparazzi flashbulb exit’ where everyone sets off their camera flashes as fast/often as possible as you run by (blinded, however).  It could be really neat or really obnoxious.  (I might test them out first with some friends). 

Post # 13
34 posts
Newbee

I’m sort of in the same boat – Anything that is thrown at us, has to be cleaned up by us…  And sparklers (which have always been what I envisioned at my wedding) aren’t allowed.  Also, I’d like them to be fairly cheap.

So.

The place I’m getting married has a very spanish hacienda feel.  My colors are bright blues/teals, with hot pink flowers, and ivory.  The outside of the venue is adobe-orange.

So, here are some ideas I had…
I found these pertty paper flowers – for $6 for 60, the price is phenomenal!

Terecitas Flowers

My wedding coordinator suggested noisemakers… These are $15 for $50.

Metal Noisemakers

And maracas would really fit in with my venue, but they are kind pricey ($2/pair), plus what would I do with them after the wedding??.

Also, someone on weddingbee recommended streamer throws that stay attached to your hand (I would get the primary color or blue ones).

And lastly, I found some 15 packs of multi-color glowstick-bracelets at Michael’s in the dollar section (on clearance for 50 cents), which were also discussed here (with some pics).

Let me know if anyone has pics or suggestions based on my ideas above… I’m still trying to decide how it would all look! 🙂

Post # 14
92 posts
Worker bee

Have you ever thought about Glowsticks? One of my friends got glowstick and had their wedding logo on them – they passed them out before the last few songs – let me tell you how pumped everyone was singing Journey with the glow sticks – then we all lined up and waved them as they left. At first, I was like glowsticks?? but they ended up being SO fun!

Post # 15
55 posts
Worker bee

I LOVE the streamer idea, but they’re kind of pricey…also, is everyone doing their send off after the ceremony or after the reception???

Post # 16
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Not eactly sure what we are doing just yet. We were not told that we could not do what ever we wanted but we will see as the time gets closer. How about for those of you that cant throw anything have you looked into dove releases or a ballon release? no clean up there. Just a little suggestion.

The topic ‘Creative Bride & Groom “Send offs”’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors