I’m still going to get a specific timeline from the photographer too since he has a better idea of his own timing, but I wanted to make sure I know what I generally prefer for timing/method of greeting guests, making any outfit changes, etc. before I ask him. Stuff to know about our wedding:
- approx. 100-115 guests (13 in bridal party, 11 are bridal party’s SOs)
- Both ceremony and reception are outdoors in the same location. Bride’s suite and groom’s suite are right next to ceremony & reception areas.
- The venue is the same hotel most guests will be staying at, so the ladies and I won’t be doing any pics outside of the suite until after the ceremony (so we aren’t seen by all the guests), but the guys can do their pics before the ceremony.
- Both guys and ladies will be getting ready in different suites at the venue.
- We are not doing a first look.
- We have the venue all night, there’s no ending time. We understand that older/tired ppl will leave, but the younger ones can do the afterparty right there, without having to go anywhere. Fiance and I are hanging out at afterparty, no grand exit. Our dj is a relative, so we can go as late as we want and will have music setup to be played after the dj leaves in case he gets tired.
- Probably no father/daughter, mother/son dance.
9:30/9:45am – girls’ breakfasts brought to suite from hotel (pre-arranged)
10 (or 11?) – guys can go eat hotel breakfast as they want on their own.
10-4 – girls and MOB getting ready together and eating hotel breakfast in suite (all are already showered). MOB getting hair & makeup done. 7 bridesmaids – some getting hair & makeup done, some diy.
12-1:30 – maybe guys go to a barber (or maybe they’ll do this the day before?)
2 or 2:30 – guys and ladies eat lunch separately in their suites. girls keep getting ready
3 – photographers start (we have them for 9 hrs)
3-3:15 – photogs get details shots (rings, invites, programs, accessories, dress hanging, etc.)
3:15-3:45 – guys get dressed in suite together, photographers get pics of guys getting ready
3:45-4:15 – pics of guys
4 – all girls’ hair & makeup is done. bride’s hair is done, makeup is nearly done- maybe 5-10 mins left
4:15-4:45 – pics of bride getting ready, finishing makeup & putting on dress
4:50 – guys are at ceremony
5-5:20 – ceremony
5:20-6:30 – (immediately after ceremony) cocktail hour. and, separately, pics of newlyweds with bridal party, bridesmaids pics, pics of bride & groom, & bride’s solo pics. bride & groom get a bit of food snuck to them from cocktail hour
6:30-6:45 – bride & groom only receiving line, handing out escort cards/favors, as ppl leave cocktail hour to enter reception. photogs get details shots of reception.
6:30-8 – three-course plated dinner served.
6:45-7 – bridal party & bride & groom announced. then toasts. bride & groom’s food is in place & they eat the little bit they can while nobody’s toasting
7-7:20 – bride & groom greet family & take family pics
7:20-8:15 – bride/groom greet all non-bridal party & non-family guests at their tables (80 guests at 9 tables). photogs get break to eat.
8:15-8:30 – photographer steals bride & groom away for sunset shots (sunset is approx. 8:38pm)
8:30-8:45 – bride gets quick hair change & makeup addition
8:45 – cake cutting & first dance & open up dance floor
10:30 – late night snack
midnight – photography ends (includes some shots of late-night shenanigans & probably swimming in the pool)
Thanks for any suggesttions