(Closed) Cruise Wedding 2013

posted 5 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
1240 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@goofychickie:  awesome  where will it be and what cruiseline?

Post # 4
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@goofychickie:  We are!  Our wedding cruise is a weekend cruise going to the Bahamas from Miami.  Then we’re taking a 9-night cruise for our honeymoon! 

Where are you going?

Post # 5
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

We are getting married on the Carnival Triumph on January 5th. So excited!!!!!!!

Post # 6
396 posts
Helper bee

@bam_461:  Another cruise bride!  Yay!  If you haven’t already, check out the Honeymoon and Wedding Cruise forum on Cruise Critic.   The ladies there have lots of info to share!  I’m on there almost every day.

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee

We are getting married on a 3 day Royal Caribbean on the Allure!! We are having a symbolic wedding while at sea on Feb 15, 2013!! (we’ll get legally married right before the cruise, we didn’t want to get married on embarkation day and you can’t legally get married at sea) 

So happy to connect with other cruise brides! Did any of you get your gown yet? Are you going to bring any decorations or silk flowers or anything else on board with you, or are you going with what the cruise line provides? 

Post # 9
396 posts
Helper bee

@goofychickie:  We’ve got 16 people signed up so far.  We’re expecting between 20 and 30 to sail with us.

What other ports are you visiting?

@BrideAtSea:  I ordered my dress at the end of August.  We’re taking on our cupcake toppers and some decorations for the ceremony and reception.  I want to personalize it without having to pack too much.  Ideally, all of the decor would fit in one carry-on size bag.

How about you?

Post # 10
98 posts
Worker bee

We have 29 sailing as of now.  So excited!!!!!

Post # 12
2823 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@goofychickie:  Looks like our cruise is going to the same ports! We are also getting married in St. Thomas on the beach but having our reception back on the ship! We’re also embarking in Miami! 🙂

@BrideAtSea:  I’m bringing my own guestbook, favors, cake toppers, welcome bags for guests, programs etc. We wanted to do some of our own DIY to add personalization, but not over do it especially since we have to fly to Florida.

Post # 14
2823 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@goofychickie:  We are using Island Bliss Weddings for our ceremony & then Carnival for the private reception back on the ship. My aunt is also hosting a casual BBQ reception when we return home for family & friends who were not able to make it. We fly out in 5 weeks and will be in Miami 5 days before the ship embarks! It’s getting down to the wire! 🙂

Post # 15
5 posts
Newbee

Hey ladies! I am also going to be a cruise bride! January 2013. Carnival Pride. Getting married in Baltimore before we depart so non-sailing family can attend and disembark after the reception. Family only… 23 guests. I’m using the flowers from Carnival’s planning company for my bouquet, but made some cute, non-flower ones for the girls to carry. (They wanted to charge WAY too much for a simply 3-rose bouquest for each of the girls). Also plan on getting my own cake topper (I read somewhere that the free one is cheesy) and bringing/making favor bags. Saw an AWESOME etsy store that makes custom toppers out of polymer clay to match photos of you and your outfits that you email to them. Planning to write our own ceremony as well… if life doesn’t get too crazy over the next 3 months!

Post # 16
98 posts
Worker bee

I got my final call today!  I am so excited! They told me we got the room I wanted for the ceremony and the club fir the reception!!  They also told me that we will get a four tiered cake!! I was happy with two, but I am ecstatic about four!!!!!

The topic ‘Cruise Wedding 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors