Post # 1
Share some of your recipes/tips/tricks/DIY/whatever with us!
I’m going to share a recipe for a cleaning solution I use and that works amazingly!
- 3/4 cup baking soda (you can add a little more if it seems a little thin after it’s all mixed together.)
- 1/4 cup castile soap
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 10-15 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the baking soda and castile soap. Add the water and tea tree oil and stir with a fork.
- After the first 3 ingredients are well combined, SLOWLY add the vinegar. The mixture will bubble up because of the chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar.
- Stir until you achieve a paste-like consistency. (I had to add a little more baking soda at this point until it was the “perfect” consistency.)
- Transfer to a repurposed dish soap container (or any other container you prefer), grab your sponge and start cleaning!
So I didn’t make this recipe up (you can find it from the original creator here), but it’s freaking awesome! I usually just use it on my porcelain sink when it starts getting grimey, and on the tub. Ugh, it works wonders on the soap scum!
Post # 3
These are my favorite “healthy” cookies:
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
2 large very ripe bananas
1 cup of oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)
optional: mix-in of your choice (chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, etc)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet (a parchment paper lined cookie sheet works, too). Mix ingredients together.
Spoon on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Post # 4
@BeeNumberBea: yum! Thanks for sharing!
Post # 5
The easiest and tastiest pumpkin cookies ever. They are my go to in the fall.
1 package of spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree
Optional: any kind of morsels. Chocolate chips are my favorite but you can do different chocolates, nuts, raisins etc.
Mix just those 3 ingredients together and spoon onto greased baking dish. Bake accodrding to cake mix. I ususally take mine out earlier than the box suggests.
Enjoy 1 or 2……or 3, 4, 5! You cannot stop!
Post # 6
Baking pan that won’t come clean (especially if you’d roasted something with a glaze) – vinegar and baking soda, let it sit 5 minutes and it’s magic, just pops the stuff off!
Post # 7
My favorite wood floor cleaner:
in a spray bottle:
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup vinegar
couple drops of essential oil ( I like lavender or orange)
fill with warm water
it makes the floors clean and shiny without damaging them with too much moisture or cleaners that leave streaks!
Post # 8
Mix baking soda and water into a thick paste and spread inside of oven. Let sit overnight and wipe off the next day. You may need to wet a sponge with some water to wipe it off. Works like magic without all the harsh chemicals! I was skeptical until my mom had me try it and it really does work. For some tough spots I sprayed the area with vinegar as well when I was rinsing, and that helped.
Also, vinegar is a great alternative to fabric softener. There is no lingering vinegar smell.