(Closed) David’s bridal galina T3039- is this a bad dress?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
14498 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

With DBs annual 99 sale going on, why not take a run there and see if you can find something that you fall in love with on the sale rack.  I did that a few times and fell in love with my original dress more and more.  For me, the more I tried on at DB the more I knew my dress was MY dress.  For some people that will not work, they just keep looking and keep finding other dresses to love, but for me it worked like a charm.

Oh, and I do love that dress.  I have seen it on several brides and have never seen it look bad, only beautiful brides.  Maybe go look at Zippylefs recaps, she wore that dress (or one exactly like it) and looked absolutely stunning in it.

Post # 4
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

have you tried it on? why agonize? just put it on and see how you look. I think it looks really cute. I wanted to try that one on but they didnt have it in my size 🙁

oops I just realised you said you did. Well if your really not sure your happy, and If you have budget for another dress, I would suggest going and trying on some others. Maybe this one is not the one or maybe seeing others on you will appreicate this one better 🙂 trying on a viel and jewerly to help finish the look might help too

Post # 5
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I considered that dress too and had the same concerns about the empire “pregnant” look. Honestly you will probably find that some pictures will be taken of you that will be at an unflattering angle regardless of the dress shape and make. I think what matters most is that you feel confident when you where it!

If your having a photographer, just make sure that they take photos that highlight the best features of the dress, as you probably saw from googling pictures of the T3039 , there are some fabulous shots of girls wearing them!

Post # 6
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I, like you, have a dress in my closet that I got for an amazing deal that is everything I’ve ever wanted in a dress.  I always wonder if its the right dress, if its WOW enough, if if suits my body, etc.  Pretty much just silly stuff.

My thoughts on this is that nothing is perfect.  You wedding dress will be gorgeous because hopefully you bought it because its what you wanted.  When its all said and done, with alterations, hair, makeup, accessories, etc. a bride always looks great.  If you get into the habit of thinking that its not good enough, nothing will ever be good enough.  If you want a completely different dress, like you bought it only because it was on sale and you’d rather have a lace mermaid, or something, then by all means keep looking!

Your dress is fun, flowy, and lovely! Keep it and wear it with pride!

Post # 7
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

ive not seen the dress in person but this dress has always been a fav of mine

Post # 8
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I think it’s cute! My dress has a similar high skirt and I love it! These types of dresses are the most flattering for people who have big hips or think they have big hips LOL Try it on and post a picture, I’m sure all these bees would love to give their input 🙂

Post # 9
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it’s a great dress but would love to see it on you.  Can you post a pic?

Post # 10
535 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

This is my dress and I LOVE it so I sure as heck hope that it isn’t a “bad dress”

I probably fall into the way bigger than you category but I would love to show you pics if you needed some. I am a street size 12-16 depending on the brand/day/time of month. lol

Post # 11
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

This was my dress as well, and I loved it. I COMPLETELY understand what you are saying about it though, It was nothing like what I thought I would end up with, I am more of a trumpet gown sort of girl, but I loved this dress on my wedding day. I agree it is not flattering on the model at all. And for what its worth I felt gorgeous in this dress, I got a ton of compliments, and while I think the pregnancy thing is a legitimate fear I didn’t for one second feel like I looked pregnant and none of my pictures look like I am pregnant (I was actually really worried people would think I was pregnant because we had a shortish engagement). Also I had some doubt pre wedding too, its hard not to when there are just so many beautiful dresses out there! I agree I would love to pictures of you in it, I’m sure you look stunning.

Here are some pics in case you want to see them- these are some sort of random angle ones so you can see if there is the pregnancy factor. 

Post # 12
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Vandiver Inn

I think it’s such a gorgeous dress.. Mrs. Lox wore won that looked super similar, and it fit her wonderfully! I think that if you liked the way it looked on you, why not??

Post # 13
2556 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love that dress! I had a picture of one saved just like it before I went dress shopping. Unfortunately it didn’t end up being the style for me but I still think it is very pretty!

Post # 14
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I wore that dress and loved it! Here are some pics…

Post # 15
23636 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

It’s a beautiful dress!

The topic ‘David’s bridal galina T3039- is this a bad dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors