(Closed) David’s Bridal Gown Style 9T9612

posted 7 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

what chinese store did you go through? can we see the pics?  So sorry it didn’t work out:(  thats awful!

ronney

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee

I know a lovely girl who wore this dress – she is probably a street size 16/18.  She has a large bust size, and in my opinion, the dress showed waaaaaay too much cleavage for a wedding dress.  I think it would look fine on someone with a smaller bust, or maybe with some more material added to the bustline.  Or it could fit someone else differently and that might not be an issue at all… It was a really pretty dress though, and very figure-flattering through the waist and hips.

Post # 6
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Do you have a DB near you so you could try some on, that might help in your secondhand search. What’s your budget like? I got my dress at DB for $450 so you can find some inexpensive choices too. Good luck, I’m sorry you had such a terrible experience.

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I got this dress!! I had to get it in the women’s size because of my broad shoulders. Just note that the back isn’t as low as the misses. I didn’t think it showed a lot of my cleavage. I’m a 40D. I got the dress in a 16W.

This is me at DB in the sample misses of 14

And this is my dress at home. The 16W. Sorry for the crappy angles. I was playing dress up by myself. I also haven’t gotten the bra yet for it…

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Also Google “T9612 Alyssa Wedding” She had a beautiful wedding with the dress on. However she shortened the dress into a tea length if you wanted to see it that way.

Post # 9
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Love the lace!  I’ve been looking at this style, but not sure with my “apple” shaped body that it will look right.  Good luck!

Post # 11
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

that dress is so pretty:) 

Post # 13
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I don’t have pictures, but I’m 6′ and a street size 16 and I tried on that dress or one VERY similar at DB and it looked pretty good on me. It was tight b/c it was too small, but it was the best dress that I tried on there. It just wasn’t long enough and they couldn’t tell me if they had extra length and if it did they said it may change the look of the dress.

Post # 14
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If the dress is still in style, go try it on at the store. Once you know what size you are, try to find it online from another bride. Then take it to DB for alterations. They are really reasonable. 

Post # 16
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@cincychick35:Right on! And I must say, it feels really good to get what you want, at a really great price! I hope your wedding is fabulous!

The topic ‘David’s Bridal Gown Style 9T9612’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors